3DS is getting a second circle pad, Nagoshi talks turkey on Binary Domain and AAA is stamping innovation. Sad face. Get rounded up in video and text form below.
- Featured Content: Alex took a look at Binary Domain at gamescom and spoke to Toshihiro Nagoshi about developing a game for the west and Japan, as well as that amazingly-brilliant sounding voice system.
- Famitsu’s new issue is carrying an image of a second circle stick accessory. Monster Hunter 3DS, which was announced in the mag, will apparently make use of it.
- Ryan Payton’s walked from 343 Industries. The ex-Kojima Productions producer, who was narrative designer on Halo 4 at his time on 343i, has now set up his own studio called Camoflaj.
- The Battlefield 3 beta that’s due to launch at some point this month will feature “hundreds” of changes made from the PC alpha beta, with day one release updates likely.
- Infinity Ward producer Mark Rubin has said that “gameplay is the most important thing” in Modern Warfare 3, not its tech. But the latter will help “support” it.
- New SCEE boss Jim Ryan’s said the new €99 PSP model that was announced at gamescom last month is being aimed for teens and those “much younger.”
- The 360 version of Driver: San Francisco’s US release seen UPlay passports go missing, meaning players had no codes to access multiplayer mode and film director mode. The Passport is now currently free to get on Marketplace, but it’s unknown how long this’ll last for.
- Ninja Theory boss Tameem Antoniades has said that the AAA retail model is “crushing innovation.” The team’s currently working on a reboot of established IP Devil May Cry for Capcom.
- Sony’s found its man for the newly-made chief information security officer following PSNGate this past spring. He’s an ex-Homeland dude named Philip Reitinger.
- A dev build of Dead Island got onto Steam yesterday, not a retail build. Deep Silver’s now released a patch to fix all this.
- Here’s some footage of the following games: Dragon Quest X, the adventure update for Minecraft, Dragon’s Dogma, Resistance 3‘s launch trailer and Dance Central: Cullen Edition. One of these is not a real game; guess which one.