Welcome to the start of a brand new and exciting week! Get caught up on all the goings on from Brenna’s shift.
Pat and Johnny may be in Cologne this week for gamescom but the news machine rumbles on regardless. I’m filling in for the UK team, but in the meantime, get stuck into these juicy stories from Brenna’s shift, complete with her usual delightful explanatory notes. Also, be sure to catch her on the Bulletcast – she’s filling in for Pat all week.
Weekly Wrap – US sales hit 5-year low, CS:GO announced
Nathan’s ever-delightful Wrap got a little swamped this weekend. Check it out if you lost sight of it in the fray.
Turn away from the light – Hands-on with Dark Souls
Martin got to play Dark Souls, we got to sit at home and seethe with jealousy.
Drop the flag – Hands-on with Ridge Racer Unbounded
I mentioned this to Nathan, and he said “I thought Ridge Racer only emerged from its cryogenic time cave every time a console launched.” Wrong! This one’s even coming to PC.
- Rumour: First DOTA 2 shots get out ahead of this week’s gamescom unveil
The only way to stop Johnny posting news on weekends is to hit him with a rock hard enough to knock him out..
- Counter-strike: Global Offensive details emerge from tester accounts
The CS community can be pretty conservative, but reports so far seem positive.
- WWE 12 roster fleshed out with 60+ legends
Wrestling is a little bit like rugby for me. I know it exists and presumably people understand it.
- Facebook to overhaul games and reduce spam
Jessica sent me an invite to The Sims Social, and I was like “are you kiddi- oh hey I can make a douchebag.”
- Dead or Alive Dimensions SpotPass content returns
It’s not easy making DoA headers sans boobs.
- Sydney: NanaOn-Sha composer performing August 20
Unsurprisingly, I bought my tickets before I wrote this up.
- Citizen Skywatch placeholder linked to Rockstar
Could it be something that rhymes with Planned Deft Naught Row?
- Red Orchestra 2 to continue free DLC and mod tools tradition
Good old TripWire. It just makes the best games it can. That’s its entire business plan.
- The Witcher 2 PC Version 2.0 coming soon
As predicted by everyone everywhere.
- Quick shots – Skyrim custom characters from QuakeCon
Looking spectacular. Look at the detail on the argonian’s snouts.
- Australia: Battle of the Clans entry now open
- ALRC publishes draft classifications reform policy guidelines
I’m still a little cagey on that stuff about “community standards”. Australian politics are typically weak against traditionalist interest groups.
- Mass Effect 3 weapon mods to enable player choice
When will BioWare answer the hard questions: can I marry Liara and have little blue babies or what.
- Charges laid in London riots PSP mugging investigation
This is a bit fringe but I think we’re all glad to hear Asyraf is okay and the police are on the job.
- Monday Shorts – Vita accessories, Wii U trademarks, Carmack hearts this hardware gen
Little things lined up neatly.
And that’s the news that was.