Your PS3’s XMB is about to get more artistic, thanks to The Studio and its collection of “Static and Dynamic Themes” for PS3 and PSP.
The Studio, which is a partnership between Sony and Studio Output, will include works from various digital and graphic artists, illustrators and designers from all over the globe.
Over the next couple of months, Sony will be offering different Themes from The Studio on a weekly basis, and monthly updates thereafter.
Here’s a summary of the themes coming during the first week, and available starting today:
- Discover the quirky, child-like doodles of Jonathan Calugi, one of the hottest emerging talents in Italy and the man behind Happy Lovers Town. Also available for PSP.
- Let your eyes drift through Eyelevator by Rex Crowle, AKA Rexbox – one of the creative minds behind LittleBigPlanet. He describes his theme as floating collection of visions from a place known as The Orb of Dreamers. Also available for PSP.
- Fans of English rockers Muse will also recognise the work of Jasper Goodall, notably known for his album cover art for the band. The artist shares his bespoke theme entitled Lake of Sorrows.
- Celebrated illustrator Anthony Burrill brings two upbeat themes to The Studio: A world of Moving Shapes and Colours and Blocks. Also available for PSP.
- Developed exclusively for The Studio, Craig Redman’s Explosion is a snapshot of the detonation of modern life milliseconds after a big-bang style explosion and made up of everything from hotdogs to the PlayStation symbols.
There’s a couple videos featuring more of what to expect, as well as shots of some of the themes over on the PS Blog.