Marvel’s Q1 financial report lists $80 million in sales revenue made from licensing deals with net sales at $197 million.
Numbers were higher than expected thanks to “strength in interactive games and royalties from better than anticipated worldwide licensee sales”, even though the company was down y-o-y for the quarter.
Sales are expected to grow due to the following titles:
- X-Men Origins: Wolverine (out now)
- The Punisher: No Mercy (May 2009)
- Marvel vs. Capcom 2 (June 29)
- Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 (September 2009)
- Marvel Super Hero Squad (October 2009)
- Iron Man 2 (April 2010)
Don’t get too excited over the release dates, as each one is tentative.