ESA president says not to expect E3 2009 to be open to the public

By Mike, Thursday, 23 October 2008 08:22 GMT

In this interview with Joystiq, ESA president and CEO Mike Gallagher said not to expect any forthcoming announcement that E3 (announced yesterday) will be open to the public next year.

From the interview:

Is it out of the realm of possibility that we’ll still see public dates announced later?

MG: I wouldn’t expect that.

That kind of closes that door, we reckon. However, further down, Gallagher doesn’t rule out the return of booth babes, but stresses there will be “standards”.

Full thing through the link.

Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.

Comments

Headlines

Esa

Mike Gallagher

  • 68 per cent of US homes play videogames

    According to the ESA’s Essential Facts About the Computer and Video Game Industry 2009 report, 68 per cent of American households play videogames. In addition, the study reveals that 42 percent of said houses have a game console whilst the average age of game players is 35 years old. The study also showed that 43 […]

  • ESA: 2009 does not mark "return to the old E3"

    ESA boss Mike Gallagher has told GameDaily that 2009’s E3 won’t see a return to the grandiose shows of yesterday. Remember? The events that didn’t work for anyone involved? “Last year we made some improvements based upon the input we received, but this show is not a return to the old E3,” he said. “It […]