Heads up: the Underdark expansion for Neverwinter is now available on Xbox One.
Announced last month, the expansion has players tagging along with hunky Drow Drizzt Do’Urden, the dwarf Bruenor Battlehammer and halfling Regis as they try to stem the tide of demonic forces raging from the Underdark.
Players will also take on the self-proclaimed Prince of Demons, Demogorgon, in a 10-player battle. Damn tanar’ri. They really tick my Druid off to no end.
The update also includes the new hub zone of Mantol-Derith, two end-game skirmishes and The Dwarven King quest line written by none other than Drizzt’s creator R.A. Salvatore.
Here’s a list of content you can expect in Underdark:
- 10-player encounter with the two-headed demon lord, Demogorgon
- Adventure alongside iconic Dungeons & Dragons characters including Drizzt Do’Urden, Bruenor Battlehammer and Regis in a new questline, “The Dwarven King”, written by New York Times Best-Selling Author R.A. Salvatore
- All-new campaign including new in-game rewards inspired by the Rage of Demons storyline from Wizards of the Coast
- Mantol-Derith, a new non-combat adventurer hub found in the Underdark
- Two new end-game skirmishes, each with two different ways to achieve victory
- Rifts in the Abyssal plane now summon Demonic encounters throughout the Sword Coast adding variety to open-world Heroic Encounters
- Updates to the Trade Bar Store allowing easier access to items and economy adjustments
- Gear Preview allows players to see how all equippable items will look on their characters
- Additional Strongholds content including a new resource plot and PvP tower
- Artifact weapons can be reforged into new artifact weapons via double refinement above rank 15
- Masterwork Items now obtainable from endgame Professions tasks
- Boons tied to successfully quelling demonic presence in the Underdark campaign
Neverwinter is a free-to-play action MMORPG and currently available on both PC and Xbox One. You need Xbox Live Gold to play the console version online.
Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.