If you’re getting the disc version of Just Cause 3, you’ll be downloading some updates.
The patch size is just below 2.8GB on PlayStation 4. It’s not clear at present if another patch will follow on release or before, but as of right now, patch 1.01 is the only “day one” patch available.
Find all the notes below, it’s quite a list. The initial set is particularly funny.
Fixes and Improvements
- The Medician Department of Nature Conservation has pored over every inch of our beautiful island for cracks and removed them
- The Medician Department of Motor Vehicles has taken measures to acquire poorly-tuned vehicles and burn them
- The DRM has been given a refresher course in combat and spatial awareness as per the General’s recent mandate
- The Medician Department of Infrastructure has made some adjustments to certain roads to prevent traffic jams
- Various stability/crash fixes
- Various camera fixes
- Various Havok destruction optimisations
- Various localisation fixes and updates
- Various worldsim improvements
Missions, Challenges, Random Encounters
- Various minor mission bug fixes
- Various minor challenge bug fixes
- Fixed some various issues with Random Encounters
Graphics and Animation
- Various LoD optimisations
- Various lighting optimisations
- Various animation optimisations
- Various level and EQ adjustments
- Rebels riding along with Rico will now be less rude and not talk over each other
- Fixed a few rare audio distortion issues involving destructible objects with lots of moving parts
Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.