Call of Duty has so much mainstream appeal that it’s even beating out properties like X-Men: Days of Future Past and Orange is the New Black.
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare’s reveal trailer has racked up over 20.9 million views on YouTube.
That’s a whopping amount, and puts the May trailer at the top of the YouTube charts for April through June, beating out its closest competitor – the third X-Men: Days of Future Past trailer – by about 2.9 million views.
The next most popular video was actually another gaming trailer, this time the announce of Mortal Kombat X. But that only (“only”) garnered 10.9 million views, and the rest of the chart drops off sharply after that, so you can see how well Advanced Warfare performed.
It was a quiet quarter, though, and we can expect Call of Duty to be humbled in the July-September quarter; as TubeFilter points out, the big movie trailer season is kicking off now that northern summer’s drawing to a close. new Hunger Games trailer pulled 10 million views in just two days and is only going to go on from there.
Anyway, here’s the full YouTube views top ten for Q2 so you can marvel at how the juggernaut remain a cultural phenomenon even with a billion sequels under its belt. Still a force to be reckoned with, ye olde CoD, innit.
- Official Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Reveal Trailer – 20,944,564
- X-Men: Days of Future Past | Official Trailer 3 [HD] – 18,009,783
- Who’s Next? – Official Mortal Kombat X Announce Trailer – 10,958,043
- Orange Is The New Black – Season 2 – Official Trailer – 8,507,775
- Dawn of the Planet of the Apes | Official Trailer [HD] – 8,383,880
- Official Extended Trailer | GOTHAM – 8,029,518
- Disney’s Cinderella Official Teaser Trailer – 7,510,082
- The Interview – Official Teaser Trailer – 6,003,616
- TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES Trailer #2 – 5,690,122
- Hercules: Trailer #2 – 4,194,986
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare is due on PC, PlayStation 3, PS4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One in November. Refresh yourself on the Kevin Spacey-centric reveal trailer below.
Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.