MLG suspends pro Call of Duty player over “repeated harassment”

Thursday, 24th July 2014 09:38 GMT By Matt Martin

Major League Gaming has suspended professional Call of Duty player Patrick “Aches” Price for 4 matches and 1 upcoming tournament.

Price has been disciplined “due to repeated harassment of MLG employees and conduct detrimental to the league,” according to MLG.

“Since the inception of MLG in 2002, we’ve abided by a strong set of values and rules in order to operate the league in a professional manner. Similar to traditional sports leagues, we hold our Pro Players accountable for their actions. Unfortunately, the recent behavior of one player requires disciplinary action,” it added.

Price has been vocal about new rules that forbid matches from being broadcast on other channels (namely, Twitch) outside of MLG.tv.

With the new rules in place, Price – captain of Evil Geniuses – made his displeasure known by broadcasting the email address of MLG’s CEO, which inevitably lead to abuse from fans.

Thanks IGN.

1. Sethos

He sounds like a little twat.

#1 2 months ago
  2. Patrick Garratt

@Sethos Full power.

#2 2 months ago
  3. Panthro

How surprising.

The words Call of Duty player + harassment go hand in hand now.

#3 2 months ago
  4. FeaturePreacher

I guess this is what happens when you let corporate sponsors take over. Good thing evo maintains its organic ownership.

#4 2 months ago
  5. Mike W

@Panthro

Lol, preach.

Also, I finally got that Full Balance Combat Mod to work for Witcher 2!!

Is there any other mods you can suggest?

#5 2 months ago
  6. Panthro

@Mike W

I’m just prodding until I go out to see the new apes movie WOOOOO!!!!!!

Ahh awesome.

If you have a computer strong enough add a texture mod, there’s a couple on nexus so choose your preferred one, also the flora mods do quite a lot like improving how far they render which is subtle but can make the game that much prettier.

The ‘two talent points per level’ mod is good if you want to absolutely max out Geralt since the game doesn’t give you enough to do so, cheating a little bit but meh.

That’s about as far as I went, there are a few tweaks I have added like the ‘zero weight’ mod, think of it as cheating but inventory management sucks for someone like me, I like to keep everything little thing I find in games ‘in case i need them’… even though I never do.

I also play on the hard difficulty to counter react these ‘cheats’. Just saying…

Nude mods…. Ehh, if that’s what you like go for it, there is way more nude mods than there really should be to choose from.

#6 2 months ago
  7. sebastien rivas

Look at me, I am here. Weeeeeeeeeee

#7 2 months ago
  8. boskoz

—BREAKING NEWS!
    When asked why, Patrick answered: “Fucking fuck I don’t fucking know why this fucking happened motherfucking bad luck, that’s it!”

April O’Neil, back to studio!

#8 2 months ago
  9. bradk825

The guy probably went too far, but it’s worth mentioning those new broadcasting rules are taking money right out of his pocket for the purpose of making money for MLG. The way he probably sees it is they are stealing from him. Having money taken from you will always piss you off.

#9 2 months ago
  10. HORSESIXZERO

MLG ruined Call of Duty. MLG are a bunch of punks who need to sign up and go defend their country and answer their Call of Duty.
    BTW pogues, there ain’t no respawning in the real thing.
    Remember that!