Dark Souls 2 is going back into the spotlight this week with the release of the first piece of DLC for the game, Crown of the Sunken King.
Developer From Software took this chance to address long-standing bugs, squash speed-running short cuts and nerf some grief tactics used by some invaders.
The patch comes out today and there is a huge list of bug fixes, damage and defence reduction to weapons and armour. We’re only going post the biggest ones, but you can view the full list through the link.
- Health Recovery Items can no longer be used during any PvP
- An upper limit has been set to the number of Souls a player can earn when fighting off invading players
- Fixed the progression-stopping phenomenon at Heide’s Tower when the host falls off right before the Dragonrider Boss Fight
- Fixed the phenomenon in Majula where the door does not open even after moved by Licia of Lindeldt
- Fixed the progression-stopping phenomenon when the player talks to Laddersmith Gilligan in Earthen Peak
- Fixed the phenomenon when the poison pond does not disappear when the windmill is burned down and immobilized
- Fixed the issue where saved data cannot be reloaded if the game is shut down right after the player is caught by the Darksucker, in an oil puddle in Black Gulch
- Fixed the phenomenon where items do not disappear from inventory if they are thrown away while they are also being used
- Fixed the phenomenon where the Tseldora Den Key cannot be acquired after the confrontational event between Mild-mannered Pate and Creighton the Wanderer in Brightstone Cove Tseldora
- Fixed the jumping shortcut at the Shrine of Winter
- Fixed the phenomenon where the resume point is different from where the game was forced-quit after the player died
- Fixed the issue where the player holding thrusting swords in both hands can cause continuous damage until the opponent’s stamina runs out
- Adjustments were made so players can get out of the continuous attacks from Syan’s Halberd
- Fixed the phenomenon where a heavy attack while holding Pate’s Spear with both hands produces only one hit
- Shortened the amount of time stunned when taking damage from multiple attacks
Crown of the Sunken King is out tomorrow and it’s the first of three DLC packs coming to the RPG. The pack is titled The Lost Crown Trilogy, with the second DLC, Crown of the Old Iron King, releasing on August 26 and Crown of the Ivory King on September 24.
Are you still playing Dark Souls 2 or are you looking to get back into it?