Sony’s Gamescom press event kicks off August 12, 7pm

Thursday, 17th July 2014 13:15 GMT By Matt Martin

Sony has confirmed its press event at Gamescom will take place at 7pm on August 12.

bloodborne_large_art

Sony is lining up a bunch of announcements and will go large on a lot of 2014 PS4 properties, including Driveclub, LittleBigPlanet 3 and Activision’s Destiny. We can also expect more footage of From Software’s exclusive Bloodborne.

Will we also get to see more of Rockstar’s Grand Theft Auto 5 for the PlayStation 4 as we did last month at E3?

It’s not officially confirmed yet, but we would expect the event to be streamed live via the PlayStation Network and, inevitably, Twitch.

Expect Microsoft to confirm its Gamescom detail within days.

1. Luciferous

*Obligatory Last Guardian hope building…*

What am i saying… if anything that’s Tokyo Game Show stuff.

#1 2 months ago
  2. Legendaryboss

No one wants to see the Wonderbook spiritual successor: Powers, nor does anyone want a spiritual successor to Powers. Save that crap for a slow news day. This is a PS4 conference, don’t expect anything big For Vita. That is all.

#2 2 months ago
  3. polygem

i want to see something big for the vita – it´s playstation. the brand and the gr8ness that awaits on their devices.

#3 2 months ago
  4. Legendaryboss

Then expect to be disappointed big time.

#4 2 months ago
  5. CycloneFox

@Legendaryboss: But that’s mostly how it goes. Sony shows the big PS4 games on E3, while keeping the interesting Vita stuff for gamescom. I don’t want to promise something, Sony can’t keep afterwards, but Vita stuff is more likely at gamescom and TGS, than on e3. So there is no surprise, yet, that Sony didn’t show too much Vita games on e3. It’s been like this for the last couple years already.

#5 2 months ago
  6. Legendaryboss

Gamescom 2012? Okay. What big thing was announced last year, all i remember was Minecraft & Borderlands 2 and that over [numbered] games speech.

TGS is the only bastion of hope for Vita, thats only because Japan is handheld land and Vita was saved there.

#6 2 months ago
  7. lexph3re

I’m looking forward to hearing a gravity rush 2. But, I already have tales of hearts r and freedom wars paid off. I would like an announcement for PSO2 on vita as well as GE2. But, no way am I “Disappointed” In the games coming/announced. I didn’t need E3 to verify the things already on my radar. I would like gamescon to talk about my 2015 lineup though(even though I haven’t finished my 2013/14 line up of games.

Oh yeah, some more Bloodborne and possible release window? I would need that for my pre-order plan.

#7 2 months ago
  8. polygem

i have a few of them but this is my most shiny broken record…the extended version:

some sort of medievil, be it ps4 or vita – man, i am so ready for that, more than ready.

#8 2 months ago
  9. Dragon

@CycloneFox ,
    Yeah. It will be just like that. Sales wise vita lost quite a long while ago. But vita owners who know what to expect from vita will look forward to gamescom, since its the only platform where vita will get any significant attention (on western front). TGS will be a mostly vita show (like e3 is ps4 show) where japanese AAA vita games will be announced (vita sustains PS brand in japan).

#9 2 months ago