A dangerous adversary is confronted in this Dragon Age Inquisition video

Friday, 11th July 2014 15:07 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

EA has released the second part of the Dragon Age: Inquisition demo shown to the press during E3 in June.

If you missed part one, which featured commentary from creative director Mike Laidlaw along with armor customization, action combat and other lovely nuggets, click here.

In the second part below, Laidlaw walks you through a rescue mission and the confrontation of “a dangerous adversary,” highlighting story development.

Dragon Age: Inquisition is out October 7 for PC, PlayStation 3, PS4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One.

1. Moonwalker1982

Absolutely fantastic. I am playing DA2 now and it’s pretty much impossible to believe that these are the same developers. Something went horrible wrong with DA2. This seems to correct everything where DA2 went wrong….badly.

#1 3 weeks ago
  2. Moonwalker1982

Edit button!!!!!

We now have realistic clothing physics, plenty of variety when it comes to the locations and well we all know how that was in DA2, lol. World of difference in that regard alone. The world seems to be a whole and not so terrible disconnected as DA2 where you had to use a fucking map screen to fast travel to places within the city or to go into the wilds. Horrible. Combat seems fantastic too and we get to use both systems now. I doubt this one will fail.

#2 3 weeks ago
  3. TheSpinelessCarp

@Moonwalker1982

Dragon Age 2 was being pushed big time by EA to capitalize on the success of Origins, and as a result, the game was a big steamy pile of bull**** unfortunately. Pretty sure I read somewhere they openly admitted that.

#3 3 weeks ago
  4. ddtd

@TheSpinelessCarp The game sucked, but I kind of liked the story.

#4 3 weeks ago
  5. kimikazio

why all gameplays are showing characters with horns?, most of them have horns lol. i dont like that

#5 3 weeks ago
  6. mightyhokie

Here is my money already! Hurry!

#6 3 weeks ago
  7. Froseidon

@kimikazio – Fans wanted to see the Qunari (female) Inquisitor. During E3 they showed a few Inquisitors (Male Dwarf, Female Qunari etc) but fans really liked the female Qunari, so that’s why they’re showing it.

#7 3 weeks ago
  8. Moonwalker1982

@TheSpinelessCarp Ah yes and it clearly shows. Still…the game got me hooked. Bought it for 5 euros during the XBL summer sale earlier last week and i am definitely enoying it. But that is solely thanks to interesting characters, cool combat system and some of those storylines are cool. The environments themselves though….wow….so much recycling here too. It is clear Inquisition will be a world of difference. The say it’s the game they’ve always wanted to make and it damn sure seems to be the game i’ve always wanted.

#8 2 weeks ago
  9. Dralen

This looks fantastic! I cannot wait to get my hands on this. Personally, I enjoyed the Dragon Age 2 story, but the gameplay was so watered down compared to Origins.

#9 2 weeks ago
  10. Rafa_L

Very excited, after DA2 I thought it would be way harder to sell me the third, but this looks very promising =]

But, I’ll never forgive the stain that is DA2 in the franchise, the story and characters were very good imo, but the game was very boring with the same limited scenarios over and over and the copy paste dungeons, that is inadmissible to me =[

#10 2 weeks ago