Skyrim is lovely but this mod makes it absolutely lovely

Wednesday, 25th June 2014 15:47 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

SkyrimTuner has once again posted an absolutely gorgeous Skyrim mod video, which uses the 3d graphic modification ENBSeries created by Boris Vorontsov.

ENBSeries works by modifying render functions on the game and applies additional effects. More techy information on that is through here.

The mod can be found on NexusMods will full installation instructions.

Sadly, my little 3GB of RAM will not be able to handle such loveliness, but I hope to rectify the matter soon.

1. Sethos

ENBs has been around since fire was invented …

#1 6 months ago
  2. Game Hunter

I dig the guy’s dedication. Played the heck out of the Legendary Edition for PC with shitloads of mods.sadly I erased it. Good for those who still have it.

#2 6 months ago
  3. Stephany Nunneley

@Game Hunter Same here. I don’t care how old the mod is or whatever, I’ve seen the other videos he’s created and I’m very impressed. I have a decent list of mods I want to download for the game, but I will need to upgrade first – which I am doing next month. I will probably have to eat Ramen for a month afterward. :D

#3 6 months ago
  4. Xbone

PC MASTER RACE

#4 6 months ago
  5. undermyrules

crysis a game from 2007 with engine tech from 2004-05 with mods looks 10 times better than “next-gen” games….https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PECqrhxhpTA …bye :D

#5 6 months ago
  6. primey0

Nice and all but have you looked at the list of mods you need to download and enable? It’s insane.

#6 6 months ago
  7. Stephany Nunneley

@primey0 I sure did. It made my head hurt, but still :D

#7 6 months ago
  8. Panthro

Mods ruin games and this is proof.

#8 6 months ago
  9. domnage

@Panthro

Wow, just wow…

#9 6 months ago
  10. undermyrules

@Panthro and drugs ruin your brain and this comment is a proof

#10 6 months ago
  11. DarkElfa

@Stephany Nunneley
    Does the company not pay for your work equipment?

#11 6 months ago
  12. mxmassef

@undermyrules
    That crysis video looked amazing but he mods change the game engine so the tech is not from 2004.

#12 6 months ago
  13. TheWulf

You can only have a max of 255 files enabled, anyway, and many mods come with multiple files. The installation of mods is made ridiculously simple too with the many tools available, such as the Nexus Mod Manager (on the beginner end of things).

How do you reckon?

Did mods ruin Bloodlines (a game that couldn’t be completed without mods)? Did mods ruin every Bethesda game out there with the unofficial patches that fixed most things long before Bethesda bothered to (or in some cases, never did)? Did mods like SynergiesMOD, which have extended Torchlight II well beyond its original lifespan? Did mods ruin Neverwinter Nights, where many of the player made campaigns were far superior to the official one? Did mods ruin Shadowrun, for much the same reason?

I could go on like this, but I don’t think I need to. I mean, honestly, what an inherently dumb thing to say!

#13 6 months ago
  14. Hcw87

Installing mods is all well and good, but what’s annoying is that you need to know their appropriate load order so stuff don’t overwrite eachother.

Mod A changes wolves to look like bears
    Mod B changes wolves to look like monkeys

Mod B has to load AFTER Mod A if you want monkeys instead of wolves. Going through this procedure for ~100 mods is tiresome.

#14 6 months ago
  15. Panthro

@TheWulf

Even you should have seen the sarcasm.

#15 6 months ago
  16. Panthro

@Hcw87

Who would install such a conflicting mod anyway?
    Installing 2 separate mods which alter the same thing are an obvious red flag.
    Most mods make it inherently clear what files they change and what incompatibilities they may bring with other mods, as well as having some common sense things like that should go pretty smoothly, and there are mod managers which alter the load order for you automatically if that needs to be done.

#16 6 months ago
  17. livewired500

@Hcw87 For Skyrim, BOSS takes care of about 90%+ of the mods for you. The rest are usually easy to figure out where to put them.

#17 6 months ago
  18. macronia

no matter how beautiful skyrim will reach , the game will still be bad, weak gameplay and boring open world , i prefer to play any game with old engine, solid gameplay, story and interactive world

#18 6 months ago
  19. Cycovision

@Panthro Mods ruin games? How? Considering a lot of games started as mods that’s a bold statement

#19 6 months ago
  20. CyberMarco

To everyone going against Panthro, obvious sarcasm isn’t so obvious it seems.

#20 6 months ago
  21. polygem

mods are nice and all but i can somehow relate to the rockers as well…

#21 6 months ago