Far Cry 4: watch 10 minutes of the highest quality gameplay footage

Thursday, 19th June 2014 16:19 GMT By Matt Martin

We go stealth, ride an elephant tossing grenades and then bring death from above in Ubisoft’s Himalayamayhem-em-up.

far-cry-4-e3 (3)

We like what we’ve seen of Far Cry 4 so far, so much so I lost a little bit of my mind riding an elephant and causing mayhem.

We were lucky enough to capture direct video of gameplay footage at E3, with video editor Sam Clay at first attempting to capture an outpost using the stealth approach, before going buckwild on an elephant and then trying to pilot what is essentially a scooter with rotorblades (whilst wielding a grenade launcher).

He also highlights new features for Far Cry 4, including the more advanced patrol routes of guards, using bait to lure animals and cutting the brakes on vehicles. Check it out below:

1. Talkar

“highest quality gameplay footage” but i only see a youtube video :/

#1 1 month ago
  2. AlchemyFire

*highest quality* = downgraded at launch so console owners dont have a tantrum

#2 1 month ago
  3. undermyrules

@AlchemyFire +1 after Far Cry 3 and now Watch Dogs frame Ubisoft will never buy back their trust to the pc gamers.

#3 1 month ago
  4. budoshi

Doesn’t look all that good to me.. been there done that,I’ll probably rent it.

#4 1 month ago
  5. YoungZer0

To be honest, as it stands now, I don’t see any reason why this shouldn’t just be some sort of big addon.

#5 1 month ago
  6. karma

Looks great. Though i haven’t seen any evidence of the awesome cover mode mechanic from FC3 returning? I saw the protagonist weapon go up when he moved close to a fence / wall etc, but couldn’t tell if the cover mode with the left trigger / aim, auto lean was back? Can anyone confirm because that feature really made the game for me last time around.

#6 1 month ago