It sounds like Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare multiplayer will be quite different

Thursday, 19th June 2014 08:23 GMT By Dave Cook

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare developer Sledgehammer Games says its going to be adding the most amount of ‘new’ to its multiplayer offering than you’ve seen in the series for a long time. What does that mean? Exploding sheep? Holy hand grenades? WHAT?

call_of_duty_advanced_warfare_5

It follows confirmation from studio co-founder Michael Condrey that Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare multiplayer gadgets won’t be over-powered. Anyone who’s cowered indoors during a whole match on Modern Warfare 2′s Quarry map to escape an enemy AC-130 will probably enjoy that news.

Speaking with Metro, Condrey said of changes to the shooter’s multiplayer, “We’ll have our own style. The exoskeletons are definitely in there and that’s the core of the game.

“Our multiplayer has what I’m going to call the biggest set of new, as you call it, cool gear that you’ve seen in a long time. It’s a big step forward, from three years in development we’ve been able to innovate across the game. Everything you saw [at E3]… just imagine what that’s going to mean for multiplayer. You’re going to find that new is what it’s all about.”

Then, speaking with Forbes, Condrey touched on all of the exo-suit skills and gadgets seen in the Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare E3 2014 demo, such as cycled grenades and more.

He said, “Well, you can imagine that we want all these toys in multiplayer somehow. We’ll have much more to share soon. But on the highest level, the Advanced soldier which our E3 demo showcased is the Advanced soldier you’ll see in multiplayer.”

The game’s out on PC, PS3, PS4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One on November 4.

Via MP1st.

1. Dave Cook

My body is ready. But seriously, how about an exploding sheep horde mode?

#1 1 month ago
  2. undermyrules

@Dave Cook dont forget is COD ….the best strategy nowdays dont expect too much and you wont be dissapointed :D

#2 1 month ago
  3. Xbone

Why is it coming to sony’s consoles first? Is it cause they have an exclusive deal? Disgusting.

#3 1 month ago
  4. Dave Cook

@Xbone Err…it’s not,

#4 1 month ago
  5. Xbone

@Xbone Fuck, wrong topic. Delete pls.

#5 1 month ago
  6. Dave Cook

@undermyrules I love CoD :) Big fan, although I felt Ghosts was a real low point.

Black Ops 2 FTW.

#6 1 month ago
  7. bradk825

I was an unstoppable COD fan before Ghosts. I’ve been seen here on VG247 arguing with anti-CODers, you all know it. But now I don’t know if I’ll be back. At the moment they’d have to do something ridiculous with the multiplayer for this to go back on my radar.

#7 1 month ago
  8. aaron_avelino

@dave cook i love how you’re honest about liking CoD even though it has a lot of bashers. But I agree, even if CoD is a yearly game i still find it enjoyable and I love how SHG is upgrading the visuals cuz honestly that’s my only complain with past CoD games but gameplay wise I’m not getting tired of that arena shooter style cuz that is CoD’s DNA. Now imagine that style with exosuits! :D

#8 1 month ago
  9. sebastien rivas

Was not Ghost supposed to be “different” already?!?!?!

#9 1 month ago