You will be waiting a while before seeing another Beyond Good & Evil game

Monday, 16th June 2014 18:09 GMT By Sherif Saed

Beyond Good & Evil 2 wasn’t at E3 this year, and neither was the that rumoured Prince of Persia title, and according to Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot, it will be a while before we see either of them.

20130610_beyond_good_&_evil

Speaking to IGN Guillemot said, “We are not going to stop those properties.

“We are going to work on them. The teams are really looking at what we can come [up] with. I think you will really like what you see in the future. It could take some time to make sure we are really delivering what we want.”

As with the rumoured Prince of Persia 2D game, there was also hope that Beyond Good & Evil 2 will show up at Ubi’s presser, due to the concept art that was shown by creator Michel Ancel prior to the show, but alas, nothing materialized.

Thanks, Gamespot.

1. TheWulf

So, they plan on delivering eventually, but… this is who Ubisoft are, now. Do they dare do anything as interesting as BG&E again, after the unending torrent of grey they’ve been churning out of late? I mean, sure, they get away with things like Rayman occasionally, but I don’t know whether they can do this. Especially after the early teaser, which was so callously robbed of the character that BG&E had.

I’m not sure if I even want this Ubisoft to make a BG&E game any more.

#1 7 months ago
  2. Sherif Saed

@TheWulf I think this game could exist as something on the Ubiart engine. Unsure if it would as a AAA title though.

#2 7 months ago
  3. Luciferous

@TheWulf Considering they allowed Child of Light, an effortlessly beautiful game full of character and great gameplay, exist, I’m more than happy for them to have at BG&E2.

Black Flag was also a mass of colour and brilliant characters, your worries are as unfounded as they usually are.

#3 7 months ago
  4. salarta

They need extra time to convince an executive at Ubisoft that they can animate women and that Jade is, shockingly, supposed to be the main character instead of a feature.

#4 7 months ago
  5. fihar

@TheWulf. The ball’s in Ancel’s court, not Ubi’s. I’m pretty sure that Origins didn’t sell that well and yet he was given the green light on Legends so I’m pretty sure Ancel can do whatever he wants if he so chooses.

#5 7 months ago
  6. Legendaryboss

@salarta Are we really delving into this post Assassin’s Creed “feature” controversy?

#6 7 months ago
  7. Dark

They can fuck off , if BG&E2 end up being a 2D game.

#7 7 months ago