A shortlist of features included in the July Xbox One update has been released, and new Snap features are the main takeaway.
Here’ the list of what’s included for now:
- Snap Mode for Achievements. An easier way to track and view your achievements is by using Achievement Snap, which allows you to track your achievement progress in real time without ever leaving the game. You can also ‘Get Help’ on any Achievements you’re struggling with as Xbox will scan the web for you and deliver relevant tips and strategy content right to your TV.
- Double-tap to Snap. Double-tap the button on your controller to bring up Snap Center, where you can launch Achievements or any other snap-able app, without leaving your game. If you already have an app snapped you can double-tap quickly to switch between your game and the snapped app.
- Choice of Spoken Language. Folks in New Zealand, Ireland and Austria, with this update in July, will be able to select voice control using the English or German voice models from other countries. And if you’re an expat in an English-speaking country, you, too, can choose any of the other English language models that fit you.
- Future Digital Bundles and Compilation Discs. Publishers will soon have options for digital bundle and disc compilation offerings in the future. As the feature is tested, users will be seeing more flexible combinations of game titles and game content.
- ‘Like’ Game DVR clips. The ability to ‘Like’ all your favorite Game DVR clips as well as activity feed items in SmartGlass is in the works.
A release date wasn’t provided, but a quick look at Achievement Snap is below.
Via Major Nelson.