Witcher 3 release date announced for February 24, Collector’s Edition revealed

Thursday, 5th June 2014 19:06 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt will be released on February 24, 2015 CDP RED announced today during its summer conference.

Along with the release date, a Collector’s Edition featuring a 200 page artbook, steel case, the game, a wold medallion, and a Geralt figurine was revealed.

A digital edition with pre-load availability was also announced. Those who pre-order and have the prior games, will receive 5% off via GoG. The game is now available for pre-order here.

w3ce

Wild Hunt will be available in two physical editions, and as a digital edition, on GOG.com.

The physical, standard box edition comes with the following:

- A Blu-ray Disc with the game (DVDs on PC)
- An exclusive CD with the official soundtrack
- The official, developer-created “Witcher Universe – The Compendium”
- A detailed map of the in-game world
- A set of unique stickers
- A protective sleeve

The breakdown for the Collector’s Edition, shown above, is as follows:

- All the contents from the standard edition of the game
- A giant, 33x24x26 cm (10”), 100% hand painted, Polystone figure of Geralt of Rivia battling a Griffin
- A collector-grade Witcher medallion
- A one-of-a-kind SteelBook box
- A two-hundred-page artbook, containing breathtaking art from the game
- Huge outer and inner Collector’s Boxes you can store your Witcher merchandise in

Pre-ordering the standard game will save you 10%, and if you own The Witcher 1 or 2 through GoG, you can knock 15-20% off the final cost of the game. If you own it through Steam or another means, just enter your game key on GoG and you will reap the same reward.

But that’s not all: through GoG, you will also receive two keys for Witcher Adventure Game multiplayer closed beta, allowing you to try out the PC and Mac version before anyone else. It will be made available sometime this summer.

Pre-ordering will also net you Neverwinter Nights: Diamond Edition which you can play the moment you pay for Witcher 3 through GoG. The NWN offer includes the original game plus all three expansions.

The Witcher: House of Glass will also be handed over to you for free, as will the Extended soundtrack which comes with four additional, exclusive tracks equating to 11 extra minutes of music performed by polish folk-metal band Percival Schuttenbach.

God almighty, it doesn’t stop there either. You will also receive a digital version of the artbook included in the Collector’ Edition which comes with over 200 pages of original art.

If any other company provides more bang for your buck than CDP RED, then I have yet to encounter such a company.

Seriously. There is no sane reason not to pre-order this game. Unless you don’t like the Witcher games, and if that is case, well, we can no longer be friends.

1. Erthazus

and for those that have two games on GOG will get discount for the game.

CD Projekt Red – Top Dev.

#1 3 months ago
  2. undermyrules

THIS! and Homefront The Revolution are on my radar…and maybe Arkam Knight……and Project Cars :D

#2 3 months ago
  3. Tormenter

@Erthazus

REALLY?

CDPR/GOG truly are awesomesauce.

#3 3 months ago
  4. Erthazus

@Tormenter Yeah. Crazy stuff. If you own two Witcher games you get a discount. On top of it you get Full soundtrack. Map and FREE Neverwinter Nights game for Fuck’s Sake with all addons and Dark Horse first comic book for Witcher.

Want some more? No preorder bonuses. Every game is without fucking exclusive DLC shit. Even with collectors edition. You get the full game.

and if you will buy Witcher 3 PC, Xbox One or PS4 version (box version) you get full soundtrack map and other stuff too (just without discount).

Crazy times.

#4 3 months ago
  5. GK

that collector’s edition is awesome.
    and most important,no fucking first day dlc,everything is for free.and these guys are polish,they are not sucking money firm,i respect that,a lot of western games companies should learn from them!

#5 3 months ago
  6. Erthazus

ahahahahahaha… Loool. You get free Witcher adventure beta keys for it’s new game if you will buy Witcher 3.

Man. Our industry is PATHETIC PIECE OF HORSE…

#6 3 months ago
  7. Obernox

@Erthazus that’s awesome for us console players. I enjoyed The Witcher 2 immensely on 360.

#7 3 months ago
  8. Tormenter

@Erthazus

I knew about the ‘one version for everyone’p olicy, but I didn’t know about the other knick knacks. NEAT.

You know, I think I’ll defo get the CE.. I will of course have to buy it from GOG too… These guys deserve all the support they can muster.. I’d LOVE to see them become one of the really big players.

#8 3 months ago
  9. Tormenter

LOL.

The Pre-Order link is down.

XD.. Hahahahahaha. Cool

#9 3 months ago
  10. Tormenter

@Tormenter

Back up now.. must have been a shit load of traffic. :D

#10 3 months ago
  11. dakondakblade

Quick question for you guys. 100% getting the collecters edition. Did anyone catch if the CE is from CPR only? Or can I pre-order it from EB Games?

#11 3 months ago
  12. Tormenter

@dakondakblade

I don’t know for sure.. but a CE like that will probably make it to retail.

#12 3 months ago
  13. Sherif Saed

God, I am stoked!

#13 3 months ago
  14. dakondakblade

Tormenter
    @dakondakblade
    I don’t know for sure.. but a CE like that will probably make it to retail.

Yea. you’re 100% right. I asked them on the GOG FB page, and they confirmed it’s going to retail. The prior ones didn’t that’s why I was worried.

Thanks again

#14 3 months ago
  15. Tormenter

@dakondakblade

:D

#15 3 months ago
  16. johnapocalypse

I couldn’t get into Witcher 2 but god dam this looks good

#16 3 months ago
  17. Gheritt White

@Erthazus It’s not your industry – you’re merely on the sidelines until you actually get a job making videogames.

#17 3 months ago
  18. Froseidon

Holy wow, so much hype! Don’t have a next (current) gen console yet, going to wait until E3 has passed before I buy one (probably at the end of the year) but due to this, I will definitely have one before February 24th. Witcher 2 is probably the best game I have played on the 360, I cannot wait!

#18 3 months ago
  19. Clupula

You know what would be really good for people buying it on consoles? The first two games. I am sure this will be great, but as someone who doesn’t PC game, I have no idea what came before this, so I am less inclined to pick it up.

#19 3 months ago
  20. dakondakblade

Now I’m just hoping they are shipping/releasing this in Canada. EB flaked last time on Witcher 2 CE so hopefully I can snag this one…

#20 3 months ago
  21. dakondakblade

* Meant to say the collectors edition

#21 3 months ago
  22. djriful

Game of the Century!

#22 3 months ago
  23. Joe Musashi

@17 Will you marry me?

JM

#23 3 months ago
  24. Gheritt White

@Joe Musashi Don;t forget you and I disagree on whether or not the media constitute part of the industry and I still they do, probably increasingly so with outlets like Yogscast able to make or break a game.

#24 3 months ago
  25. Llewelyn_MT

@Clupula
    It’s a PC developer. Therefore they will not care about re-releasing their old games when they can make new ones.

@Tormenter
    You’re sure about that? The Witcher 2 CE never made it to retail in many territories, because this edition is very limited and numbered. It was sold out in preorders long before release. Because it was worth it. http://asset.soup.io/asset/1919/3152_748b_960.jpeg

#25 3 months ago
  26. Isaaclarke37

So excited to get my hands on the CE.

#26 3 months ago
  27. LikkiCurry

Well, insanely rich collector’s editions are kind of an old tradition of CD Projekt from the years when it was one of the main game publishers in Poland. It goes back to the first Baldur’s Gates and Fallouts. I think that the addition of NWN is kind of a nod to the first game, as it ran on NWN’s Aurora engine, and it was published by Bioware. It’s pretty neat.

#27 3 months ago
  28. LikkiCurry

@Clupula Well, you can always read the books, although the game doesn’t follow their plot.

#28 3 months ago