The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt will be released on February 24, 2015 CDP RED announced today during its summer conference.
Along with the release date, a Collector’s Edition featuring a 200 page artbook, steel case, the game, a wold medallion, and a Geralt figurine was revealed.
A digital edition with pre-load availability was also announced. Those who pre-order and have the prior games, will receive 5% off via GoG. The game is now available for pre-order here.
Wild Hunt will be available in two physical editions, and as a digital edition, on GOG.com.
The physical, standard box edition comes with the following:
- A Blu-ray Disc with the game (DVDs on PC)
- An exclusive CD with the official soundtrack
- The official, developer-created “Witcher Universe – The Compendium”
- A detailed map of the in-game world
- A set of unique stickers
- A protective sleeve
The breakdown for the Collector’s Edition, shown above, is as follows:
- All the contents from the standard edition of the game
- A giant, 33x24x26 cm (10”), 100% hand painted, Polystone figure of Geralt of Rivia battling a Griffin
- A collector-grade Witcher medallion
- A one-of-a-kind SteelBook box
- A two-hundred-page artbook, containing breathtaking art from the game
- Huge outer and inner Collector’s Boxes you can store your Witcher merchandise in
Pre-ordering the standard game will save you 10%, and if you own The Witcher 1 or 2 through GoG, you can knock 15-20% off the final cost of the game. If you own it through Steam or another means, just enter your game key on GoG and you will reap the same reward.
But that’s not all: through GoG, you will also receive two keys for Witcher Adventure Game multiplayer closed beta, allowing you to try out the PC and Mac version before anyone else. It will be made available sometime this summer.
Pre-ordering will also net you Neverwinter Nights: Diamond Edition which you can play the moment you pay for Witcher 3 through GoG. The NWN offer includes the original game plus all three expansions.
The Witcher: House of Glass will also be handed over to you for free, as will the Extended soundtrack which comes with four additional, exclusive tracks equating to 11 extra minutes of music performed by polish folk-metal band Percival Schuttenbach.
God almighty, it doesn’t stop there either. You will also receive a digital version of the artbook included in the Collector’ Edition which comes with over 200 pages of original art.
If any other company provides more bang for your buck than CDP RED, then I have yet to encounter such a company.
Seriously. There is no sane reason not to pre-order this game. Unless you don’t like the Witcher games, and if that is case, well, we can no longer be friends.