Three Dark Souls 2 DLC episodes revealed in this new trailer

Wednesday, 4th June 2014 17:19 GMT By Dave Cook

Dark Souls 2: Crown of the Sunken King is the first DLC episode in From Software’s three-part Lost Crowns add-on series. Publisher Namco has just released the trailer.

Namco states that Dark Souls 2: Crown of the Sunken King will be available on July 22 for Xbox 360 and PC, and on July 23 for PlayStation 3.

It’ll be followed by second episode Crown of the Old Iron King on August 26 for PC and Xbox, then August 27 for PlayStation 3.

The final chapter is Crown of the Ivory King, and it drops on September 23 for PC and Xbox, then September 24 for PlayStation 3.

You can buy all three together as a season pass starting today.

Excited much?

1. Talkar

I don’t like that this is the first Souls game to introduce paid DLC.
    I very muched liked the idea of having bought the game, and knowing that was all there was gonna be.

Having said that i gotta say that I’M FREAKING PSYCHED!!!!

#1 7 months ago
  2. Kabby

Dark Souls II had paid DLC.

#2 7 months ago
  3. Xbone

I bought it day1 cause THEY SAID THERE WILL BE NO DLC. And now we have 3. This is the last time I bought a DS game. Next time it will be a GOTY edition. Liar fuks.

#3 7 months ago
  4. redwood

@1 dark souls had one paid dlc. it was about the abyss walker artorias. and this is good if it has enough value for the asking price.

#4 7 months ago
  5. Kabby

I meant Dark Souls. The Artorias of the Abyss stuff was paid for on consoles.

#5 7 months ago
  6. Talkar

Ah, i only played Demon’s Souls on PS3.
    Dark Souls 1 & 2 i played on PC, so i didn’t know the extra content had a price on the consoles.
    My mistake :)

#6 7 months ago
  7. polygem

well, there´s dlc and then there´s dlc…

i have finished my first playthrough of ds II a while ago and then made some preparations for ng+ and did some pvp. i am 54 hours in now. i feel like the 49 euros that i have spend have been well spent already. even without new content it was worth it. i know that i will ng+ this game at least once too so it was actually a bargain for me.

i don´t have any problems with dlc if the main game is a great, satisfying, valuable product on it´s own that´s worth the asking price. in this case it is imo.

that said, i am looking forward to this dlc. don´t think that i will be able to play it this summer but looking forward to play it during the fall/ winter.

good stuff.

#7 7 months ago
  8. Quige

Well I’m on my third charactor, having taken the previous 2 to ng++, so I’ve already had massive value for money out of the game, and can only be exited to hear about this DLC. They’ll be having my cash no problems. The only thing that might stop me is if they were going to be doing a PS4/XO version with all content built in. But they claim not, so awaiting July with anticipation!

#8 7 months ago
  9. BrahManDude

@Xbone does it matter, if it’s worthwhile i’ll get it

#9 7 months ago
  10. dazedonthemoon

@BrahManDude
    He’s just being entitled. Gamers can be just as ugly as any other large group of people.

#10 7 months ago
  11. dtyk

@Xbone

This is what I don’t get about gamers. Are you actually mad that they decided to make what is essentially a well thought out expansion pack that extends the experience of an already excellent game?

It’s not like they embedded this shit as a hidden day 1 DLC. Baffles my mind.

#11 7 months ago
  12. Untold stories

I wonder why they decided to do story dlc after all.

#12 7 months ago