Sunset Overdrive first gameplay video released, Day One Edition announced

Thursday, 8th May 2014 19:45 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Sunset Overdrive will have a Day One Edition which will include an exclusive gun and melee weapon and an in-game character outfit. A gameplay video has also been released.

Here’s the Day One Edition contents:

• “Nothin’ but the Hits” gun: An overcharged version of the High Fidelity gun that launches limited edition, priceless, multi-colored vinyls that do increased damage.
  • “It’s Me! Fizzie!” outfit: Fizzie is more popular than you because he has a great marketing budget. So, why not dress up as him and get in on some of that fame?
  • “Hardcore! Hammer”: A mighty hammer made from a bat and spiked dumb-bells.

Sunset Overdrive will be released exclusively on Xbox One later this year.

1. braindead1981

“next-gen respawning”! That one made me laugh. And, as always when it comes to Insomniac, nice weapons. :) Not sure if the gameplay is going to deliver, but I’m going to keep an eye on the game.

#1 8 months ago
  2. artusamak

It wouldn’t be next-gen without pre-order bonuses!

#2 8 months ago
  3. nodryland1

“Looks like a lot of fun can’t wait play”

#3 8 months ago
  4. dazedonthemoon

I have to admit it does look fun. Though I found myself wondering how the guy is grinding everywhere without skates…. I have no idea why I want that explained in an Insomniac game but I do lol.

#4 8 months ago
  5. TheWulf

So… Ratchet & Clank for boring people combined with an incredibly linear endless runner-type structure? The more I hear, the less I like. Sorry.

Couldn’t we have had the Scintillating, Inspiring, & Completely True Legends of Captain Qwark or something instead?

#5 8 months ago
  6. RickGames

infamous meets ratchet! looks ok, the story would have to be the selling point for me, it lacks a little something something in the gameplay, and ouch, xbox one, this is the one that i want to be for the ps4 aswell.

#6 8 months ago
  7. Arcnail

Hey, what you know, something a bit different. Looks alright.

#7 8 months ago
  8. bradk825

The idea of an apocalypse not taken seriously sounds pretty cool. A little quirkiness never killed anyone.

#8 8 months ago
  9. fearmonkey

I like that it doesnt look like every game that has come before. It has elements of some great past games like crackdown and jet grind radio, it will probably be alot of fun. If I had a Xbox One, I’d get this. I will eventually, but probably not this year.

#9 8 months ago
  10. Astral Frost

This looks awesome! I love the style. WOW!!

#10 8 months ago
  11. Agt_Pendergast

Hopefully this doesn’t get a generic action game make over like Fuse had.

#11 8 months ago
  12. Gilbert

Infamous meets Ratchet & Clank & Dead Rising!!

#12 7 months ago