Project Beast for PS4 in development at From Software and Japan Studio – rumor

Friday, 2nd May 2014 19:58 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Project Beast is rumored to be the PS4 project Sony Computer Entertainment Japan is working on with Dark Souls developer From Software. Today, purported images of the game have leaked.

The shots were posted on 4chan and picked up by NeoGAF.

Sony Japan working with From Software has been an enticing rumor for a while now, and looking at the shots, it does have a Dark Souls vibe to it.

Still, we’ll keep this under the rumor heading until something concrete is announced.

The leaked shots are through the links.

Thanks, Gematsu.

1. Obernox

Demon’s Souls 2? :D :D :D

#1 5 months ago
  2. The_Red

@Obernox I’d buy a PS4 for that alone. Really, I will pay 460 bucks just for that single game. The original was one of the most memorable gaming experiences I’ve had and definitely the best RPG I played since the hayday of CRPGs.

#2 5 months ago
  3. johnapocalypse

This looks like Demon Souls 2, indeed

#3 5 months ago
  4. artusamak

Beast Souls?

#4 5 months ago
  5. mistermogul

I hope this is real.

#5 5 months ago
  6. JAMBO4170

@The_Red I couldn’t agree more, still prefer that to dark souls

#6 5 months ago
  7. Erthazus

Holy shit. I’m excited.

If that’s true of course.

#7 5 months ago
  8. Erthazus

But graphically it looks like a game that could be on the last gen consoles. Really.

#8 5 months ago
  9. Darkfield

@JAMBO4170 They are practically the same thing!

#9 5 months ago
  10. Obernox

Or King’s Field V? :D

#10 5 months ago
  11. dtyk

@Erthazus aw Erth you came SO close to just giving a pure compliment to a console game LOL

#11 5 months ago
  12. Erthazus

@dtyk No. You are just stupid to realise that I play on consoles too.

#12 5 months ago
  13. dtyk

@Erthazus and there goes defense Erth mode. I almost feel like I can see the future. :D

#13 5 months ago
  14. Darkfield

@dtyk Well constantly being attacked by others based on your platform preference and opinions on games you like or don’t kind builds up to it don’t you think? He makes a complaint he gets attacked, he makes a compliment he gets attacked. Ya’ll need to stop this pattern.

#14 5 months ago
  15. Eregol

@Erth
    The thing about a lot of the ‘next gen games’ is that they would be able to be made on previous gen consoles.
    But, the resolution would be lower, the frames per second would suffer, the polygon count would be dialled down, there’d be less lighting effects, textures would be lower resolution, anti aliasing wouldn’t exist and there’d be screen tearing all over the place.

So, yeah, it could be released on last gen consoles.
    But it isn’t, and it’ll be better for it.

#15 5 months ago
  16. BrahManDude

i believe it’s real because no other game has that fog gate and the style the souls series has

#16 5 months ago
  17. dtyk

@Darkfield I hardly made an attack though. That is something you’d say to your friends playfully, and bam right back he resorts to the “you’re stupid” card.

I’m well aware he’s a multiplatform gamer. However, many of us here are, and no one has such insane knee jerk reactions. Plus it’s no secret he literally shits on the graphics of console games every, single, time. You responded to my forum thread, you know I’m into Dark Souls modding as well. I simply find it amusing more than anything to be honest.

Anyways, it’s best to stay on topic. Extremely excited for a next-gen souls announcement!

#17 5 months ago
  18. unknown_gamer

Sony already announce most of their indie games recently , and i think this is their moment to drop the bomb at E3 in term of exclusive titles , Greatness is indeed coming and kicking beyond E3

#18 5 months ago
  19. Obernox

There are speculations that Dark Souls 2 was developed by a “B” team. Perhaps the main team were working on this. :)

#19 5 months ago
  20. BrahManDude

@Obernox yeah i heard that too… it makes sense

#20 5 months ago
  21. Darkfield

@dtyk Speaking of Souls games, If they release one on the Atari 2600 I’d still be as much excited as the next-gen version. This is a game that I have absolutely no problem seeing annualized, I’d play it even if it was on a weekly release!

#21 5 months ago
  22. dazedonthemoon

Very excited for this. Hopefully we get an E3 announcement. Microsoft has already hinted at a decent amount of E3 exclusive announements so this would be a strong counter for Sony.

#22 5 months ago
  23. jmg24bad

So we can possibly say Sony is showing 5 new exclusives at least. 4 new iP possibly

#23 5 months ago
  24. Dave Cook

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#24 5 months ago
  25. mxmassef

@Darkfield
    Well if it wuold be released on atari 2600 the game wuoldnt be the same at all not even a single bit. This has nothing to do with Darkfield but sometimes here in vg247 one gets a picture that next gen is only about grapchics. But it is not ( though they are an important thing :) ). Next gen is also about gameplay and this game has a good opportunity to show us some next gen gameplay :).

#25 5 months ago
  26. FlyBoogy

OK From… I will buy a PS4 now

#26 5 months ago
  27. Legendaryboss

Japan Studio and From Software? So this is the “big title” for PS4 Japan Studio was referring to? What the “A” team at From Software have been working/collaborating on?

Remember while “Project Beast” is likely a codename for Demon Souls 2 its also likely a spiritual successor. Sounds like a TGS bombshell or an E3 one.

#27 5 months ago
  28. Reddpayn

It definitely looks like a spiritual successor to souls games. It could be demons souls 2, but i think that the name will be different.

#28 5 months ago
  29. dtyk

@Darkfield Agreed. In all honesty, Demons Souls looked like turd, and I still loved every second of it.

#29 5 months ago
  30. babytears247

I’ve been an Xbox user for a long time. I purchased a PS3 to play Demon’s Souls and The Last Of Us. That said, I’ve been waiting for a next-gen exclusive release to sway me to either get an Xbox One or a PS4, I think I’m swayed! :)

#30 5 months ago