Prince of Persia 2D title in development using UbiArt engine – rumor

Thursday, 17th April 2014 17:09 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

A new Prince of Persia is in development at Ubisoft, according to rumors, and it’s being built using the UbiArt engine.

PoP

A report on French website Portail du Jeu Video stated the game is new 2D entry in the series, and thanks to the same engine used in Rayman Origins and Child of Light, the developers were able to animate the Prince’s body as though it were a 3D model.

Animations for various actions performed by the Prince are also supposedly in place, such as wall-jumps, sword attacks and the like.

Ubisoft told Vidoegamer it does not comment on rumors and speculation.

1. Luciferous

This would be brilliant!

Just don’t do BG&E2 in that engine, that game needs to be full blown 3D action-y goodness.

#1 3 months ago
  2. Digital Bamboo

“This allows the character to move individual parts such ass the torso, legs, and other appendages.” Well, I guess the ass IS a body part, and so this is accurate, if a bit naughty.

Though in all seriousness, this is an amazing idea. Can’t even imagine how good it would look.

#2 3 months ago
  3. fengato

Sign me up – love the look of Rayman – having a less whimsical setting with the same quality 2d style art would be incredible.

#3 3 months ago
  4. Mike W

I would love this, the last Prince of Persia game was not that bad. Ubisoft just gave the PoP series a big F. U. when the AC series picked up.

So it would be nice to see another 3D PoP, but I’ll settle for a 2D one ;).

#4 3 months ago
  5. Gheritt White

I’m with Mike W – I’d like to see 2D, 3d – heck, even 4D PoP games!

#5 3 months ago