GRID 3 teased by Codemasters with new video

Thursday, 17th April 2014 18:02 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Codemasters seems to be teasing a new entry in the GRID series, due to a teaser video posted on the GRID YouTube channel.

The date April 22 is shown at the end of the teaser, so we expect an official announcement of sorts on that day.

Over on NeoGAF, Codemasters said the teaser had nothing to do with DLC: “Just a heads up, this isn’t DLC. Cockpit view? We listened.”

Rumors of GRID 3′a development have been floating around since November of last year.

Expect to hear more on Tuesday, then.

GRID 2 was released in May 2013.

Thanks, AGB.

1. Iliad

As long as it’s the original Grid team and not those responsible for Grid 2, then I’m in!

#1 8 months ago
  2. lord_slow

Just made races longer than 1:30 minutes and it would be a great game… GRID 2 was way too short!!!

#2 8 months ago
  3. CPC_RedDawn

GRID 1 was and still is my all time fav racing game. Perfectly mixes simulation racing with and arcade feel.

The second was still a great game and a welcome entry in the series, however, with the lack of a cockpit view (which is my preferred camera angle) it was a massive let down for me in that respect.

#3 8 months ago
  4. silverstorm

Seems like the GRID series are getting milked now, they got tired with dirt. But still, add cockpit view and i’l buy it.

#4 8 months ago
  5. aseddon130

I tried numerous times to get into GRID and hated it, absolutely loved GRID 2 tho, seems a bit soon for a fully fledged sequel … I smell a next gen remastering of GRID 2z

#5 8 months ago
  6. boiled lobster

I hear Turn 10 has absorbed Codies staff like the Borg Collective. And those that remain have sold their soul to Red Bull and the X-Games. What a shame. Codemasters was the Apple Inc. of the racing genre.

#6 8 months ago
  7. RocknRolla

Well here´s hoping for a damn cockpit view ffs, not that it would be hard for them to do it the last time, but no they chose the easy lazy way and fucked it all up…

#7 8 months ago
  8. TERMINATOR-SSD

so it took them YEARS to make a sequel to GRID. Now it only takes them a year to make a sequel to the crappy GRID 2….MILK

Grid 2 was a huge let down, even more so on PC. No cockpit view i mean REALLY, and on PC i could not play the game for a few months due to extremely bad optimizations. Ive built my gaming rig and it can do say crysis 3 easy on ultra at solid 60fps plus. And GRID 2 was choppy as hell, basically unplayable. It stopped me from pre-ordering any game ever again. Then there was the paid dlc cars, and cheap attempt at dlc. We dont need your MILK franchise anymore. Any real driving sim/arcade racer will know that. Project CARS, World of Speed, Next Car Game, Assetto Corsa has our back.

#8 8 months ago