Dark Souls 2 PC retail release date moved to May 2 in the UK [UPDATE]

Tuesday, 15th April 2014 14:40 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Dark Souls 2′s PC release at retail in the UK has been delayed to May 2, Bandai Namco has confirmed.

The confirmation follows and earlier report that According to users on NeoGAF, Amazon UK had notified pre-order customers the game would not be released on April 25 as planned, but May 2 instead.

ShopTo also changed the release date on its website to May 2.

MCV was told by a Bandai Namco representative that only the retail version was delayed in the UK to May 2. The digital release is unaffected and will release on April 25 as planned.

“This is only affecting the UK on the boxed release of the game,” said the representative. “It will be delayed unfortunately and we apologize to UK customers.

“This is due to a manufacturing issue with packaging. To confirm, this will only affect the UK boxed launch.”

Again, the delay does not apply to North American customers.

1. Xbone

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

#1 4 months ago
  2. Panthro

I was literally just thinking that I couldn’t wait to play the proper version of Dark Souls II in 10 days!…

This disappoints the fuck out of me, I don’t wanna even look at that stinky 360 version.

#2 4 months ago
  3. Hcw87

No-buy until i see footage/impressions.

#3 4 months ago
  4. Panthro

@Hcw87

There is already a few, it looks and runs much better than the console version.

It isn’t like the E3 footage but it seems very well optimised, no framerate/ resolution lock.

#4 4 months ago
  5. Panthro

@Hcw87

#5 4 months ago
  6. Mike W

@Hcw87

they already showed the PC version on GameSpot. It looks exactly the same as the console version it just runs at 60fps.

I’m pretty sure some mod is going to be made for it to look somewhat like the early release footage.

#6 4 months ago
  7. loki

no matter, pc port sucks anyway

#7 4 months ago
  8. Panthro

@loki

Have fun with your 720p below 30fps copy.

The PC is the lead platform this time.

#8 4 months ago
  9. Hcw87

Well it’s sad to see the lightning is gone. I can’t fathom why they can’t include the original lightning that they had in their E3 video. It’s the PC release after all, and stuff like that can be toggled on or off for performance.

Not sure if it’s worth full price to be honest.

#9 4 months ago
  10. Panthro

@Hcw87

I only paid £18 once I saw that footage, I’m not that bothered about the quality as long as it surpasses the 360/ps3 version, I began playing the 360 copy and just turned it off, I don’t know how people class it as playable.

#10 4 months ago
  11. Xbone

THANKS! WOW!!! IM RELIEFED!

#11 4 months ago
  12. Kabby

Dark Revelaitons.

#12 4 months ago
  13. Game Hunter

The PC version will undoubtedly look much better than the console versions,but I can’t replace the incredible experience I get with the controller,and use mouse/keyboard instead.that just doesn’t feel right.that’s just my opinion, of course.

#13 4 months ago
  14. Kraken

@Game Hunter
    Get a gamepad for your PC.
    There, problem solved.

#14 4 months ago
  15. Panthro

@Game Hunter

PC’s have more controllers than consoles.

#15 4 months ago
  16. Game Hunter

@Phanthro well those variations are the problem themselves.I don’t pay extra money when I already have a reliable console controller.60$ will set the deal,no need to pay more money.

#16 4 months ago
  17. Mike W

@Panthro

is the screen tear really that bad?

#17 4 months ago
  18. Game Hunter

Honestly,I wanted to wait and get DSII for PC.but Dave’s journals tempted me and I couldn’t take it anymore.so…I set off to my local retail shop and got it.damn you Dave,now I have to save up for Watch Dogs…again!
    Nah man just joking.getting it day one was a wise choice. Never even regretted what I did.

#18 4 months ago
  19. Game Hunter

Still you owe me 60$ Dave.why?because you got DSII for free and I envy you lol :P

#19 4 months ago
  20. Panthro

@Mike W

There are a lot of things I think are bad about the game on the xbox but it is all down to the threshold of what kind of quality you expect from a game.

The first 5 minutes have some of the ugliest jaggy visuals I have seen in a while and the stuttery framerate physically hurt my eyes, my eyes actually felt weird looking at the screen, I am just too used to 60fps now so that is sort of my fault in a way.

#20 4 months ago
  21. dtyk

PC elitist attitude aside, this game does run like shit on consoles.

And it’s not just removed lighting. They literally removed all the foliage and environmental geometries out it’s ridiculous.

First scene is the most apparent. I played the game and thought “holy shit this looks worse than Demons Souls and Dark Souls wtf.”

#21 4 months ago
  22. Mike W

@Panthro

Yea I hear you bro, I’m a sucker for 60fps myself but I can definitely play a game that runs at 30fps.

The deal breaker for me is screen tear, for example, I got Bayonetta for the 360 and there’s one section where the screen tear is so bad it looks like the fucking screen was rippling.

#22 4 months ago
  23. Darkfield

@loki lel, I take a crappy original Dark Souls like port over the console shit any day due to one single fact, DSFix will truly fix it.

#23 4 months ago
  24. FlyBoogy

Bless the steam!

#24 4 months ago
  25. analouintegral

​I just love the game Dark Souls 2. I even downloaded a crack from this website http://www.darksouls2crack.com just to play the game for free.

#25 3 months ago