Divinity: Original Sin has entered beta, and along with the next phase of testing comes new content along with over 400 improvements.
The Steam Early Access title now contains new talents and skills, and new areas to explore nearly doubling the amount of campaign gameplay available.
In the video above, Larian showcases the new content and demonstrates spell combinations and how to use the environment to your advantage.
Some of the new content and improvements are listed below:
- 28 exciting new talents, including such fun things like the Lone Wolf perk, which gives a player super abilities, but makes it impossible for him or her to hire companions.
- More than 60 new skills, allowing for a new brand of synergies, such as combining the Invisibility skill with Pickpocketing
- A new witchcraft skill tree that can be combined with other skills to deadly effect
- New areas to explore, new foes to fight, new items to find & new secrets to discover
- A brand new character creation screen with new presets such as the Shadowblade or the Wayfarer, and an enormous amount of customisation options.
- More environmental interactions – you can smash or burn doors, pickpocket characters & use staffs to electrify pools of water. Or how about burning wooden chests to get the loot inside?
- Improved AI, user interface, graphics, loading times, performance and stability mean playing Divinity: Original Sin has never been this smooth
- A truckload of new sound effects & music tracks
More additions are expected at launch.