Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls shifts 2.7 million copies on Mac and PC

Thursday, 3rd April 2014 14:08 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Diablo 3 players have already “stopped Death” more than 1.5 million times and counting since Reaper of Souls launched on March 25.

According to Blizzard’s figures, over 2.7 million digital and physical copies have sold-through online and at retailers worldwide.

The numbers on Twitch are just as impressive, as Diablo 3 views on launch day alone exceeding 2.4 million.

“With Reaper of Souls, we wanted to emphasize all the things that Diablo gamers have always loved about the series, from the dark gothic setting to the piles and piles of epic loot,” said Blizzard CEO and co-founder Mike Morhaime.

“We’re excited to see that players are enjoying the changes we’ve made to the game, and we look forward to achieving our Paragon levels alongside everyone else in the weeks and months ahead.”

Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls is available for purchase at retail stores and online in various regions and will launch in Russia and the CIS, on April 15 alongside the retailer versions in Mexico, Chile, and Brazil.

1. Mike W

It will be nice if they announced the release date for the PS4.

#1 4 months ago
  2. Talkar

They’ve definately improved A LOT upon Diablo 3 with RoS!
    Act V itself is so well designed level wise, that i’m kindda disappointed whenever i go to Act II (which in my opinion is the weakest act of the game, yes even weaker than Act IV).
    And the adventure mode, oh that is great! Not just for endgame, for leveling too!
    I’ve leveled my crusader primarily in adventure mode, and i actually feel that it went faster than story mode!

#2 4 months ago
  3. ManuOtaku

Recently i did get the ps3 version, which was my first diablo experience, it is a great game one Of my favorite games of last gen. I would pick also the ps4 version for the expansion, it really deserves a lot of love from console gamers.

#3 4 months ago
  4. Mike W

@ManuOtaku

I’m holding out until the PS4 version is announce. The game is going to be playable next week at PAX East, hopefully Blizzard get their heads out of their frosty asses and give us release date then.

#4 4 months ago
  5. ManuOtaku

@Mike W i would had waited also, but seeing the lot of games coming for ps3 and 360 in the upcoming months, made me postpone getting the one and ps4, therefore i couldnt bare the wait for playing diablo for the first time :-)

#5 4 months ago
  6. Talkar

@Mike W
    You’ve never done time estimation i take it.

#6 4 months ago
  7. OlderGamer

I own the game on PC and xb360. Much better on consoles I think. I passed on the PC expansion and will be purchasing it for my PS4(first big game for the system imo). Why do I like it better on console? I like the twin thumb sticks for movement. Nothing worse then trying to get out of a big mob on PC and not being able to find an open space to click and move to.

Love it on consoles.

#7 4 months ago
  8. ManuOtaku

@OlderGamer thats the overall consensus, especially for the online and house action thing that really brought down the game on pc. I do also love the controls, cannot compare it though. But some pc fans could be very in denial with that statement (controls better on consoles)

#8 4 months ago
  9. Trash Man

@OlderGamer Try binding a key to move, that way you won’t attack when trying to move through mobs. Makes things a lot easier.

#9 4 months ago
  10. Darkfield

It is a massive fun, it wasn’t so prior to RoS but it is now. I enjoyed it a lot, especially the parts I was playing with Erth, that dude is crazy on his Wizard! :D

#10 4 months ago