Geforce GTX Titan Z announced by Nvida, contains two Kepler GPUs

Tuesday, 25th March 2014 20:12 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Nvidia announced the Geforce GTX Titan Z during the GPU Technology Conference today.

titanzholduse

The massive card, at least compared to mine, was engineered for 5K and multi-monitor gaming, and built around two Kepler GPUs and 12GB of dedicated frame buffer memory.

With two GK110 chips, Titan Z is powered by a total of 5,760 processing cores, or 2,880 cores per GPU.

“If you’re in desperate need of a supercomputer that you need to fit under your desk, we have just the card for you,” said Nvidia co-founder and CEO Jen-Hsun.

UTitan Z’s twin GPUs are “tuned to run at the same clock speed, and with dynamic power balancing, so neither GPU creates a performance bottleneck.”

Those in the market to build an”ultimate ultra-high definition gaming rig that can harness the power of quad GPUs working in tandem,” will have to fork over $2,999.

1. Stephany Nunneley

My feelings on this are rather conflicted: I don’t know whether to be turned on by it or exasperated over the price.

#1 8 months ago
  2. Fin

ERTHAZUS MODE ON

lol shitty sub hd graphics card only 12gb lol cant even play Crysis at 640×480 at 30fps on ultra low
    i can only play games at 3840×2160 ultra ultra ultra max with my intel radeon 5ghz 32-core cpu and 32gb 16x GPU

ERTHAZUS MODE OFF

I assume these things are only ever released for PR reasons, like who’s gonna buy a card for $3000. Surely it’d be better off as a research project.

#2 8 months ago
  3. Erthazus

@Fin you are a retard as always. Ignorant one.

This is a workstation card. It’s meant for the professional who does CAD work or for GPU grid on super computers. It’s not meant for the gaming consumer.

#3 8 months ago
  4. Legendaryboss

@Steph
    I wonder what type of facial expression that would be like?

@Fin
    Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

#4 8 months ago
  5. Spider Law

@Erthazus Thats not entirely accurate either. This is for neither current consumer or CAD user. I work for an engineering company now that specializes in CAD drawings for Architects, industrial engineers, commercial engineers, and computer engineers and what i do for them is build there machines and networks to work on. This card is extreme over kill for even that.
    This is more of a “Look what we can do” stunt as more of what Fin is suggesting.
    A card of this stature wont be utilized for at least another 2 years.

#5 8 months ago
  6. Sethos

This card is not meant for gaming, it is meant for the lower-end professional crowd.

#6 8 months ago
  7. xxJPRACERxx

I thought it was for the low-end mobile market…

#7 8 months ago
  8. ChristopherJack

So this is the sequel to the gtx 690. I wonder how AMD’s dual processor successor to the 7990 will compete, or let alone be named given that the 290 is already taken.

#8 8 months ago
  9. end0rphine

@ChristopherJack AMD R9 295X2

#9 8 months ago
  10. OlderGamer

Funny, most of the average console gamers I talk to think that cards like these are required to play PC games. My card cost me like 200usd of the shelf and I run most things better then the PS4 and XBO. Hella of a card here tho. I can’t imagine the power supply needed. I am looking forward to the new Maxwell cards, NVidia GTX 750 TI(I believe) should be about all I will need for a long time.

#10 8 months ago
  11. Hcw87

My 780ti is all i need for the next 5 years.

And in 5 years i’ll buy a card that’s twice (or more) as powerful as this Titan. That’s high end PC gaming for you. It’s expensive being at the top. But it’s oh so worth it if you delve into it.

#11 8 months ago
  12. piss4sucks

i can see all the four eyed virgins next year sucking peoples dicks to saving up there money for this card and it still wouldnt be a better experience then the xbox one does pc have gta v? does pc have red dead? does pc have ryse and killing instinct? nah so pc is shit and overpriced grabage

#12 8 months ago
  13. Hcw87

You’re retarded. Some people actually have money (big shocker), and can buy one of these without even giving it a second thought.

Think about that for a minute, and when you grow up and start earning money yourself you’ll start to understand. First you’ll have to finish pre-school though, good luck with that.

#13 8 months ago
  14. piss4sucks

@Hcw87 chill out valve monkey oo oo ahh ahh
    i must buy steam games because i am brainwashed like all the other pc monkey thiefs
    ^ thats you .
    people have money and spend it on good things then they are people with money who spend it on bad things like this its a waste of money and basically supports pc pirates in the end

#14 8 months ago
  15. TheWulf

Welp. That one’s for the pros. You really don’t even need a tenth of that power for what games are using, these days. Even high-end games.

:S