The Last of Us surpasses 6 million copies sold

Friday, 14th March 2014 16:21 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

The Last of Us has passed 6 million copies sold, Sony has announced alongside a list of talks Naughty Dog will be hosting during GDC 2014 next week.

Sony announced in July 2013 The Last of Us had sold through 3.4 million units as of July 3, in just three weeks of launch.

During GDC, the developer will be discussing “some of the techniques and process that went into making The Last of Us, as well as what made Left Behind unique.

The full list of sessions for all Naughty Dog talks along with the date and times can be found through the link.

1. mightyhokie

Last game I played on my PS3 before I sold it (and one of my 360s) to get my XO. And what a way to go out! This game is a masterpiece. If you have a PS3 and don’t have this game you have wasted your PS3. Its that…damn….good.

#1 4 months ago
  2. Michael Ireland

Well deserved. It couldn’t have gone to a better game.

#2 4 months ago
  3. Erthazus

It’s not a masterpiece. By a mile. Sure it has great story but gameplay is lacking and AI is broken. Only 3 types of zombies for the entire expeirence and broken stealth mechanics.

#3 4 months ago
  4. johnapocalypse

Niccccceeeeee

#4 4 months ago
  5. KAP

Yea, totally well deserved. Who says Playstation exclusives don’t sell huh?
    Naughty Dog has now produced 3 of the 5 best-selling PS3 exclusives.

#5 4 months ago
  6. Rat

DOUBLE NICE !

#6 4 months ago
  7. deathm00n

@Erthazus Have you played on survival mode? I was saying the same thing until I started this mode. Can’t advance from the metro part.

#7 4 months ago
  8. MrSec84

Excellent game, definitely a masterpiece of a game.
    6 million sales in 9 months is excellent for a game like this.

#8 4 months ago
  9. gomersoul

Erthazus should make a game, it’ll clean up at the baftas I’m sure.

#9 4 months ago
  10. KAP

+ 100

#10 4 months ago
  11. makota23

i loved this game glad it got all those awards couldn’t happened to a better game if i didn’t buy it on the ps3 i would’ve bought it for the ps4 if they had brought it out. The main story was great and the left behind could’ve been a little better but overall it was just fantastic.

#11 4 months ago
  12. diego-rbb-93

Erthazus, for curiosity, what is your favorite exclusive 360/PS3 game, that you consider is worth to buy?

#12 4 months ago
  13. budgiesmuggler

@mightyhokie

Couldn’t have said it better myself…… +100

#13 4 months ago
  14. Erthazus

@diego-rbb-93 Red Dead Redemption, Uncharted 1-2-3, Gears Of War 2-3, inFamous 1 and 2, Flower/Journey, Valkyria Chronicles, God Of war III, GTAV, MGS4, LittleBigPlanet, Bayonetta, Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2, Demon’s Souls, Dark souls 1-2 (Dark Souls 1 PC version has crappy controls and DS2 is not even out yet on the PC), Yakuza 3, Gran Turismo 5-6, Forza 4, Persona 5 (I hope it’s going to be good), MGS:GZ (but next gen is better)

#14 4 months ago
  15. Erthazus

@diego-rbb-93 and yeah. The Last Of Us is definitely is worth buying. I just don’t think that the game is fantastic in every way because it has some serious issues with gameplay and AI.
    Game was even delayed in the past to fix some bugs and the result is still not the best one.

Yeah, Storywise it’s fantastic. No argue here.

#15 4 months ago
  16. ChristopherJack

@mightyhokie I’m curious, if you have that much regard for the game, why switch console brands? Chances are Sony have similar games in the pipeline. UC4 already announced.

#16 4 months ago
  17. diego-rbb-93

@Erthazus Well… Despite being considering after years the PC rage of the forum… That doesnt negate that you have a real consideration for those game´s consoles. I apreciate the answer.

#17 4 months ago
  18. KineticCalvaria

@Erthazus totally agree with you Erth. Storywise its great, although I found the AI to be lacking and the gameplay was incredibly repetitive, plus the Stealth mechanics weren’t great.

But definitely worth a play through, by anyone who considers themselves a gamer.

#18 4 months ago