Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch passes 1.1 million shipped, new edition revealed

Friday, 7th March 2014 10:47 GMT By Dave Cook

Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch has shipped over 1.1 million units worldwide, according to publisher Namco Bandai.

It follows my Lost Odysseys: Are JRPGs about to explode? blog that suggested JRPGs are penetrating the west in new ways, in what is something of a resurgence. I followed up with a column about how Tales of Xillia continued Namco’s targeting of western JRPG fans. It’s all good, and certainly welcome if you’re a fan of the genre.

Now; Siliconera reports that together with the DS-only companion game, both titles have shipped 1.7 million worldwide.

In celebration of the milestone, Namco Bandai will publish Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch – All in One Edition on the Japanese PS Store from March 13. It’ll cost ¥1,000 and includes all of the game’s DLC, an easy mode and extra familiars from the DS build.

We’ll update you if it comes west. What do you think?

1. Djoenz

Underrated gem right there, even though I havent managed to finish it. It should have sold way more copies imo let alone shipped copies.

#1 7 months ago
  2. DeVitowned

Agreed with #1. I have neglected this game since I bought it, only spending a few hours into the story. A charming title that touches heart, much the same fairy tales did. Great music thanks to Hisaishi. Solid RPG elements and even a bit of a Pokemon catch-em and train-em.

I still have an unopened US Wizard’s Edition that I hope becomes a valuable item some day.

#2 7 months ago
  3. Baseman

We’ll update you if it comes west. What do you think?

The western edition we got last year is already the updated one (some small changes, easy mode etc.).

#3 7 months ago
  4. Djoenz

@Baseman
    This new edition has all DLC’s counterparts so basically GOTY.
    I didn’t even know it had DLC. I should get back this game asap when I have the time. Lovely game.

#4 7 months ago
  5. Baseman

@Djoenz Most of them were free here though and a few part of the CE/ pre-order bonus. Pretty useless golden familiars (ok, one of them broke the early game).

#5 7 months ago