Sections

Sony Santa Monica’s sci-fi IP was to be revealed at E3 2014 – rumour

Friday, 28th February 2014 08:25 GMT By Dave Cook

Sony Santa Monica Studio’s cancelled IP was due to be revealed at this year’s E3, a source has claimed.

The studio recently announced a number of lay-offs, followed by sacked employees talking on Twitter about the cancellation of a new IP from the team. The canned project irked The Witness developer Jonathan Blow so much that he took the ‘business suits’ to task over the decision.

Now, NeoGAF user Shinobi602 said of the game, “Sad to hear Santa Monica’s new IP is canned. It sounded pretty darn good from what I was told. RIP, we hardly knew ye. New IP was really unique, sci-fi…legitimately saddened at the news. Sorry to everyone involved, damn. What’s worse is that it was set to be unveiled at E3. Something massive must have happened.”

While the project may not be related, we do know that Battlestar Galactica writer Michael Angeli was penning a new game at the studio that wasn’t God of War-related. At the time a team of 150 was said to be working on the game.

What do you make of the situation so far?

Via VGLeaks & DualShockers.

Breaking news

1 Comments

Sign in to post a comment.

  1. The_Red

    “Something massive must have happened”
    Really REALLY hope it is revealed soon because WTF!?

    #1 2 months ago