Titanfall prestige mode called ‘Generations,’ has ten levels – rumour

Friday, 21st February 2014 08:34 GMT By Dave Cook

Titanfall – like Call of Duty – is said to offer players a chance to start over their multiplayer career via a Prestige mode. One data-miner has trawled through Respawn’s beta to unearth something to that effect called ‘Generations.’

It follow’s Respawn’s Drew McCoy calling out claims that the studio has been bribing the press for positive coverage as “insulting.”

According to NeoGAF member RazorUK, the Titanfall beta contained the following string of menu text, which reads a lot like the warnings before going Prestige in Call of Duty:

“Take me to generation [next level].

Warning! You will lose all that you have unlocked and be reset to level 1. All challenges will be reset.

Years of battle have taken their toll. We can regenerate you… at a cost.
Your body can be restored. But your memory and your experience…all will be lost.
When you awaken you will respawn a [next level] generation Pilot.
You will be better, sharper, acquiring experience even faster than before.

Are you sure?
I’m sure

Are you really sure?
Yes positive!

Would you like to go to the next gen?
Take me to next gen!”

RazorUK adds that players will be able to regenerate ten times, and he posted a screen grab of special icons that seem to denote your current Generation:

Titanfall_generations

What do you think? Are you glad that Titanfall has a Prestige system?

Via MP1st.

1. Major Mayhem 70

The prestige mode is necessary to extend the games lifespan. Of course you have to sprinkle in some DLC as well.

#1 7 months ago
  2. Delsin Row

who cares? call of duty with robots? i”ll pass

#2 7 months ago
  3. gomersoul

Titanfall247

#3 7 months ago
  4. Hcw87

Saltywhiners247

#4 7 months ago
  5. Iliad

Why would you want to do a prestige mode when you’re trying to set yourself apart from CoD comparisons? Bizarre.

#5 7 months ago
  6. TheWulf

I don’t really think it is, in all fairness, and I’m saying that. I just don’t think it’s good, though, is the thing. I’ve seen a lot of people playing it and they describe it as being Assassin’s Creed-like — push/hold one button to feel skilful.

Not only that, but now it has a form of vertical progression, too? It’s just not for me. I’m happy enough to admit that there might be something relatively new, here, but it’s just not for me.

If they’d had the bigger mechs, the giant monsters, more skill-based combat, and no vertical progression then I’d probably have played the hell out of this.

#6 7 months ago
  7. TheWulf

I don’t think that’s a good excuse. You could do that horizontally with new, balanced abilities which are different from those the players start with but not superior. You could have them unlock a wider array of tools, thus making them more adaptable to different situations without directly improving their base of power. This will only lead to grinding and feature creep. I’m not a fan.

I’m sick of number fetishism working its way into everything, honestly, and all the people who fall for it. It’s not a valid measurement for anything other than having wasted too much of your life on something.

Horizontal is the way to go. It’s an instant respect winner.

#7 7 months ago
  8. mistermogul

It’s great to see you guys championing this little indie marvel.

Can’t wait to read more about its next news story in a few minutes time. ;)

#8 7 months ago
  9. AppleRedX

Please more news about Titanfall. Multiplayer GOTY incoming …

#9 7 months ago