Titanfall TV spot slathered in accolades, packs a lot into 30 seconds

Wednesday, 19th February 2014 22:03 GMT By Brenna Hillier

Remember TV? Yes, it’s a thing we used to look at before we realised the Internet delivered everything about four days faster. Like this Titanfall commercial, for example; no more crouching by the VCR to tape your favourite ads. W-was that a thing people did?

The pace of the action in this commercial is actually far more parseable than in the full game itself, which is blindingly quick – but a lot of fun, according to shooter veterans Dave and Matt.

Titanfall hits PC and Xbox One in mid-March and arrives on Xbox 360 a few weeks later.

1. Erthazus

Played today a bit. They need to fix bots AI because it can proudly have an award for the most retarded AI in gaming history or AI has tons of bugs.

Today i’m running and saw two bots in the room. They were enemies to each other and tried to search it for each other.

Damn…

#1 7 months ago
  2. YoungZer0

The Beta kind of disappointed me to be honest. Not as good as expected.

Can’t believe I’m saying this; but I’ll wait for Destiny. Never cared much about it, especially because of it’s boring art-direction, but at least that game tries to do some new things.

#2 7 months ago
  3. mal617

Sick ass game, can’t wait till March 11th

#3 7 months ago
  4. DeVitowned

@Erthazus

Is the AI worse than Resident Evil 5? :-D

#4 7 months ago
  5. Major Mayhem 70

Phuck that! Respawn gave me a free taste of this gaming crack called TitanFall and now I need more! We’re not even out of winter yet and #2 wants to talk about a game that is coming out in the Fall. Well Fall is next month for me, TitanFall that is. I bought my consoles to play games.

As far as AI is concerned, I don’t even notice them. I kill them if I see them and keep it moving. There’s so much going on I don’t have time to sit and watch what they are up to. They say they are there to kill and give you an opportunity to get your Titan quicker. I’ll kill them, pilots and enemy Titans. Why?!? Cause I want to make my Titan Fall from the sky so I can take my rampage to the next level!!!

#5 7 months ago
  6. Erthazus

I like the game but it is more of a concept then the actual game. Lots of potential and Call Of Duty can suck it’s balls so hard that I don’t know what to say but…

AI, I will repeat is just retarded. I play a lot of games and never saw AI that dumb. IMO, it would be better to have more players then actually playing with this AI even if it has a purpose for summoning your Titan faster. 6vs6 is just small and if someone says it’s not a big deal he is a TOTAL IDIOT because it is. 6vs6 is 1990 with small level design and we have here incredibly well detailed maps with 12 players in total. come on. CoD have smaller maps and have more players.

#6 7 months ago
  7. Major Mayhem 70

Well I guess Respawn is just lazy and stuck with the first match up number that they developed, which was 6v6. Yeah, I’m being facetious cause Respawn has stated over and over that they tried all sorts of match up numbers and came to the conclusion that 6v6 was best. Considering that the beta didn’t allow us to test out more numbers, yet the vast majority of us that have tried the beta have walked away quite content with the game play, I think it’s safe to say Respawn has a hit on its hands. 6v6, retarded AI and all. A games concept shouldn’t come down to what other games are capable of in 2014. It should come down to the developers vision. If that developer has found the maximum head count for its game to be lower than what other games use, yet the outcome is a fun and engaging game, who are we to argue with that. Buy the game if you liked the taste they gave you, or leave it alone and wait for the next 20v20.

#7 7 months ago
  8. mistermogul

The hype this game is getting is crazy…

#8 7 months ago