Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes video compares all versions

Wednesday, 19th February 2014 08:27 GMT By Dave Cook

Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes has been given the video comparison treatment, as promised by Hideo Kojima. It shows the PS3, PS4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One versions running simultaneously.

It follows recent comments from Hideo Kojima who said that if you have the choice you should definitely opt for the next-gen builds. He also called comparisons between Ground Zeroes and Metal Gear Solid 4 “Nonsense.”

We also now know that the Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes on PS4 runs at 1080p/60FPS, while last-gen versions come in at 720p/30FPS.

What do you make of the comparison? Let us know below.

The game’s out March 20 across Europe.

1. Dog4life

Kind of pretty useless all these comparison vids today…..

Most people anyway watch em low quality on their smartphones and bitch around they look all identical.
    And video compression takes away big chunk of quality.

I remember Igns comparison video of BF4 on ps3 vs ps4…. and they actually looked close in the vid. I own both version, and bf4 is milestones ahead on ps4.

#1 5 months ago
  2. Joe Musashi

I can’t wait for the Streisand-effect practitioners to offer their valuable insight onto this piece.

JM

#2 5 months ago
  3. mongbatstar

Uncompressed version:

Not smartphone-data-limit-crappy-3g-speed friendly.

#3 5 months ago
  4. jomac3db

They all look the same

#4 5 months ago
  5. jomac3db

Take note from infamous, Ryse and the order 1886. Now those are next gen games

#5 5 months ago
  6. _LarZen_

It’s a clear difference in sharpness on the PS4 and XBO version. No doubt what platform I getting it for….again.

#6 5 months ago
  7. OneLifeCycle

PS4 is the clear winner. With that said, the difference between last gen and next gen or now, current gen is kind of underwhelming but it is progress and I really don’t want to complain. Having been an XBox owner since day one I really don’t know what this Metal Gear stuff is all about… However, I did play it on Nintendo waaaaaay back in the day. We’ll see, it’s coming out around the same time as Infamous. I’m sure I’ll get both but just not sure which one to get first.

#7 5 months ago