UK game chart: LEGO Movie enters at top, Lightning Returns in at third

Monday, 17th February 2014 09:24 GMT By Dave Cook

The LEGO Movie Videogame has beaten fellow newcomer Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy 13 to the top of the UK multiformat game chart.

It follows our Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy 13 review round up and Brenna’s final impressions. Have you tried it yet?

Here’s the UK top ten in full:

1. The Lego Movie Videogame
  2. Call of Duty: Ghosts
  3. Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy 13
  4. FIFA 14
  5. GTA 5
  6. LEGO Marvel Superheroes
  7. Battlefield 4
  8. Assassin’s Creed 4: Black Flag
  9. Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition
  10. Fable Anniversary

1. The_Red

Quick question: Does anyone know if the LEGO movie-game is made by TT games (From Lego Batman and Lego Marvel games) or is from a different dev?

#1 5 months ago
  2. Sadismek

@1 It’s made by TT Games.

#2 5 months ago
  3. Savvy

Lightning Returns is as expected. It’s been a slow year so far for games. I think LR, Lego, and Fable are the only games in the top 10 that have been released this year. Didn’t expect it to reach number 1, and I doubt interest for the game will grow.

Kind of weird to see what Square Enix deems a “AAA” game, the “Only game with so much story, it had to have a trilogy”, be beaten by a movie tie in and a 4 month old CoD game. Not that it’s surprising though. Hopefully they’ll realise Toriyama isn’t a great writer or director. (Although after X-2 and The Third Birthday, you’d except them to place him elsewhere by now.)

#3 5 months ago
  4. Lloytron

Everything is awesome!

#4 5 months ago
  5. TheWulf

That’s not exactly true.

It’s made by TTFusion, who handle the mobile games and did Undercover. They’re good, but I don’t think they’re quite [i]there[/i] yet when it comes to innovative level design, their stuff feels like the older LEGO games.

So, while I had a blast with the LEGO Movie game, and I would recommend it to anyone, I would also say that you shouldn’t expect it to be as good as the LEGO Marvel game. If you’re expecting that, you’re going to be disappointed. I went in knowing it was TTF, not TT.

#5 5 months ago
  6. TheWulf

Also, TT Fusion need their own sub studio, named TT Fusion Neo. That way we can refer to them as TTFN. That is all. :I

#6 5 months ago