Super Mario to leap into McDonald’s UK Happy Meals soon

Wednesday, 5th February 2014 15:02 GMT By Phil Owen

While Nintendo allows for the possibility of its properties moving beyond the confines for Nintendo devices, Mario will be making an impression in a spot outside video games all together: McDonald’s Happy Meals in the UK.

The below image from mcdonalds.co.uk declares Mario’s imminent arrival in bags of fast food, but it’s vague enough that it’s hard to say when this promotion will begin or what form it will take.

Pre-Promote-Super-Mario

via Nintendo Life

1. polygem

FUCK YOU NINTENDO…this is cheap.

#1 2 months ago
  2. tmac2011

lol if this was in america our goverment would be freaking out. the dont want happy meal toys no more

#2 2 months ago
  3. polygem

why can´t gaming just stay gaming. why all this cross promo crap. i boycott mc donalds since i was a teenager. what now nintendo? what now :)

#3 2 months ago
  4. TomisH

I bet those will be identical to the ones that were being sold in Poland :)

Decent size for cheap. I have them all and I am happy.
    For reasons unknown Donkey Kong was not available, but maybe UK will get the ape :)

#4 2 months ago
  5. Panthro

Why the fuck are you guys against this?

If I was a kid I would of loved to get a Super Mario toy in a Happy Meal.

#5 2 months ago
  6. polygem

i am a vegetarian and obviously against mass meat production/ factory farming. to lure kids into fast food restaurants with toys is just so fucked up. to make your cheeseburger look like it´s a happy princess peach and not a slaughtered, mass meat production, antibiotics fueled cow that had the most painfull life you can imagine, is the root of degeneration. it´s basically ethically wrong in every possible way imho. everyone´s free to like what they like and disagree with this. i fucking hate stuff like this.
    you have to have principles in life sometimes.

#6 2 months ago
  7. Panthro

@polygem

You can always go in and order a Happy Meal without the meatburger and just a bag of carrots then ;)

#7 2 months ago
  8. Panthro

@polygem

I don’t think any kids get lured in by which type of toy comes in the meal, I never used to anyway . when I was a kid I was just happy to get chicken nuggets and chips.. the added toy whatever it was was just a bonus…

#8 2 months ago
  9. polygem

@Panthro
    haha, yeah sure could but that´s not how this works. i wont support that system at least i try to avoid it as much as i can. if i buy some fries and a coke they still get my cash and i still support their abusive business practices…same goes for nintendo by doing a cross promo with them. shame really.

sure you can say i am overreacting and mc donalds surely only is a symptom and not the root of all this but again, i don´t like stuff like this and it actually spoils my enjoyment of nintendo products even to a degree of thinking about giving up on it completely. they had these promos before…i really really do not like this. yuck. what can i do. that´s just how i roll.

#9 2 months ago
  10. Panthro

@polygem

I can’t really with someone who thinks the killing of animals is OK can I? haha

Its not OK in the end, and I for one also don’t got to Mcdonalds anymore because I think in terms of value the food just stinks.

KFC on the other hand, damn is that chicken meat from heaven… I wish they were doing a Mario promo there.

#10 2 months ago
  11. Panthro

@Panthro

^ Missed out the word ‘argue’ in that first line…

Wish this site had a damn edit button.

#11 2 months ago
  12. Panthro

@Panthro

Replace the is with isn’t too, I need to pay more attention.

#12 2 months ago
  13. fearmonkey

Maybe they will have Zelda zingers from Hostess too?

#13 2 months ago
  14. Legendaryboss

I don’t know what is more shocking: Nintendo doing this move, Nintendo doing this move with Mario always at the helm or the classy response at @1.

Loaning aspects of their franchises to third parties i.e. Hyrule Warriors and the DLC on certain titles. At the time it was desperate, even more so HW is just Dynasty Warriors with a Zelda skin.

This. This is just another of one of their attempts to promote Mario to the children/families all the while they are still not opening up to the mass audience like they promised.

#14 2 months ago
  15. monkeygourmet

It’s not the first time they have done this, must be some youts in here!

#15 2 months ago
  16. polygem

#16 2 months ago
  17. polygem

i always was more a luigi guy

#17 2 months ago