Microsoft seeks legal action against Xbox One leaker – report

Friday, 31st January 2014 10:42 GMT By Dave Cook

Xbox One rumours went crazy this week, thanks to a tipster called ntkrnl. From Forza Horizon 2 and Crackdown 3, to Titanfall-branded consoles and everything between, nothing was off the table, and Microsoft is now seeking legal action.

Here’s a recap of everything ntkrnl leaked:

Kotaku has been digging into the matter and has reported that Microsoft is now seeking legal action to identify and bring in the informant. As the site suggests, this doesn’t mean that any of the above is true, but we’ll update you as we hear more.

Via Videogamer.

1. Fin

I was able to find the guy’s name in under 5m, he works in testing in MS. Idiot.

#1 8 months ago
  2. OmegaSlayer

If he didn’t signed a NDA MS can’t do shit.
    And he can’t even be forced to mention his source.

#2 8 months ago
  3. KAP

What a year so far for Microsoft, fuck!
    …..and to think… we’re not even in Feb yet…. sigh!

#3 8 months ago
  4. Fin

@OmegaSlayer

Err, have you ever worked for a company? You sign an NDA with your contract. The guy works for MS.

#4 8 months ago
  5. Cobra951

@Fin:

Yes indeed. If he received payment from MS in any way, he signed an NDA. Both go hand-in-hand.

#5 8 months ago
  6. antraxsuicide

Yeah, the guy is screwed. And I’m sure most of the stuff is true. He’ll be destroyed.

It’s probably a coworker of his, now that I think about it. He has to know that it’s easy to trace.

#6 8 months ago
  7. SlayerGT

Respawn’s nuts must be swollen.

#7 8 months ago
  8. Tormenter

@Cobra951

it’s not.

He may have signed an NDA WITH his contract it may even have been a part of his contract.. but they aren’t the same thing. One doesn’t automatically mean the other.

#8 8 months ago
  9. OmegaSlayer

@Fin
    If I would like to spill beans I would talk to one of my friend in a different Country.
    Talk, not email, maybe in a neutral service like PSN chat.
    Then he would spill the beans, without being under NDA and being very to hard to find the connection with me.

#9 8 months ago
  10. rainer

All signs point to a fabrication by Microsoft, it was a controlled leak, all this talk of legal action is just for show.

#10 8 months ago
  11. Cobra951

@Tormenter (#8): Document *one* instance of Microsoft revealing trade secrets to anyone involved in testing them without the protection of an NDA. Then we can continue this conversation.

#11 8 months ago
  12. abdooltk

fuck fuck and fuck Microsoft why I just brought Xbox 1
    just I want this game so badly new demo

#12 8 months ago
  13. sebastien rivas

MS cry me a fucking river, seriously.

The guy obviously chanted strength and hope in Xbox one but nope MS wants to skin the guy, then skin him, that won;t help people like the brand though, will it? if that or if not dislike it perhaps.

#13 8 months ago