Killzone Shadow Fall free multiplayer maps Cruiser and Hangar coming soon

Wednesday, 15th January 2014 17:13 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Killzone Shadow Fall players will soon receive two free multiplayer maps, courtesy of Guerrilla Games.

The maps were inspired by “key locations” from the single-player campaign, and will be made compatible with the shooter’s Custom Warzone feature.

Cruiser is a a close-to-mid-range combat map set in a decommissioned ISA cruiser where players will be tasked with dentifying and controlling its choke points.

The Hangar is an open map situated in the hangar bay of one of Helghan’s mining spires and contains alternative routes that will need to be secured for full control.

A DLC expansion pack for Killzone Shadow Fall is also in the works and more information on what it entails will be made available “in the near future”.

1. KineticCalvaria

Awesome stuff!

#1 10 months ago
  2. johnapocalypse

Free $hit!!1

#2 10 months ago
  3. lexph3re

Awesome, I can’t wait to play this map. Love the flow of the current ones. I do hope one of these are as closed in as the penthouse. Seems like that’s the only one for close combat to really take off.

#3 10 months ago
  4. Delsin Row

awesome.and its free.we dont have to buy this maps.
    i dont recall microsoft ever do this

#4 10 months ago
  5. torjs99

something like this would have cost £15 on xbox one

#5 10 months ago
  6. Djoenz

You would never see Hcw87 comment in a thread like this :P
    Altough he could probably give this a negative spin.

Like well these two maps could have been in the original game a long time ago, but they cut the content out to put it in a dlc however Guerilla games felt like that would be cheating ppl out of money.

#6 10 months ago
  7. Hcw87

Calling me out? Oh shit.

I don’t have anything negative to say about this, because what negatives are there to say? Free multiplayer maps are rare these days, so this is awesome. I have a PS4 with Killzone, so it’s something i’m going to play.

Aren’t they going to release a CO-OP mode for multiplayer aswell? That’s also something i’m looking forward to, hopefully it’s similar to Mass Effect 3, with Horde-style waves.

See, just because i like to rip on people when they show obvious brand loyalty doesn’t mean i’m defending anything. If anything, i’m a fanboy of PC these days, as that’s what i’ve been spending most, if not all my time with. Also going to buy a high end gaming rig in the coming months.

#7 10 months ago
  8. Djoenz

I just couldnt resist lol nothing personal. I am a Sony fanboy myself, but Im not interested in Killzone whatsoever. It looks like a mediocre fps and Im fed up with FPS. Free maps are ok, but somehow I dont think this was meant to be free at all. Community service yeah right. This is still marketing, but I suppose its still a good thing. Free maps yay.

I wish Infinity ward would do this from time to time they freaking rehash old maps and still have the nerve to ask people to pay for them….Im guilty myself though of buying some. Like Nuketown. Oh no I think I got that one for free and terminal…

Well I meant those rehashed maps in the dlc packs then lol.

#8 10 months ago
  9. lexph3re

Hcw87…. Have I shot you in the head before on KZ? I play the Multiplayer a lot, just curious if you were apart of my 3k victims.

#9 10 months ago
  10. Lapalk

I obtained this game this past weekend as I was sick of all the issues BF has. It’s taken me quite some time to adapt to the style of play, but I’m gonna stick with it.

I’ve realized it takes a lot of team play to be successful as lone wolves will find themselves frustrated. Maybe I’m wrong, but I hope I become better as time goes by. After about 15 hours of play, I think I’m near 300 challenges complete.

Free maps are always good. I can remember when BF did that.

#10 10 months ago
  11. lexph3re

@10 you pretty much get it. Team Play is very crucial especially once you lock people into their camps. However, breaking free of those grid locks is easy as long as your team pays attention. Its not like BF if they grid lock you your screwed. You stand a strong fighting chance of getting out.

My biggest complaint is people who are medics that don’t do their damn job. Medics can really make or break a team on this game. There is also plenty of room of being a lone avenger of a team. It’s just not built for EVERYONE trying to be one.

All in all I think sticking to it is a great idea. I know I have been going in pretty strong last play I did I got 36 kills and 15 deaths. I’ll share some vids in the future.

#11 10 months ago