Call of Duty next-gen rumours begin as Sledgehammer Games posts new job ads

Tuesday, 14th January 2014 12:03 GMT By Dave Cook

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 co-developer Sledgehammer Games has been unheard of since the shooter launched, but it has recently posted ten new job adverts for a project, citing help with weapons and vehicles for a next-gen entry, among other things.

Back in July, a Sledgehammer employee posted ‘Next Call of Duty Game’ on his LinkedIn profile. Rumours persist that the studio is working on the first fully next-gen entry to the series.

Today, NowGamer spotted that the company had posted ten new job adverts on LinkedIn.

This job listing calls for a, “Weapons & Vehicle Artist,” and explicitly describes the project as a “next-gen Call of Duty game,” and demands that they can oversee, “The creation of game ready AAA vehicles, weapons and gear derived from concept drawings, and reference photos.”

Elsewhere, this Multiplayer Designer role looks for someone to, “create cutting edge level designs for our Call of Duty project.”

It’s clear then, that the project is gaining momentum, but what is it? Modern Warfare 4 or a new strain of Call of Duty shooters? Discuss below.

1. Xbone

But… but… what about ghosts? ITS NEXT GEN ALREADY!!! JUST LOOK AT THOSE GRAPHICS!

#1 8 months ago
  2. Djoenz

cutting edge level design…camp of duty ghosts is disgusting. The cutting edge level designs make people play like uber supreme pussies.

Some people have no dignity hehe. I laugh about it now but ingame argh I just wanna choke some people..

#2 8 months ago
  3. aaron_avelino

I’m positively hoping that this CoD from Sledgehammer games will deliver that true step up to next gen. They’ve been hiring like crazy and their CoD game is in development for 2 years now, if it’ll release on November then that means they have more than enough time to develop a brand new next gen engine for CoD.

#3 8 months ago
  4. Djoenz

What if it will still be on the same engine but once again tweeked? Will you still buy it?

I said I was done with COD and I still bought Ghosts….Im ashamed of myself.

#4 8 months ago
  5. bradk825

Well we know for a fact there will be a sequel to Ghosts. Not going to say why, spoilers and all.

The wording forces me to ask: Vehicles in multiplayer perhaps?
    Which also forces me to ask: Would that even be a good thing?

#5 8 months ago
  6. Legendaryboss

They have been working on this for quite some time and under Activision’s milky udders?

#6 8 months ago