Don’t Starve PS4 out now on PS Plus, launch screens inside

Thursday, 9th January 2014 10:48 GMT By Dave Cook

Don’t Starve developer Klei Entertainment has launched its survival sandbox title as part of this month’s PS4 PlayStation Plus freebies. We’ve got launch screens inside.

It’s a tough but intriguing game that sees intrepid inventor Wilson trapped in a savage world full of beasts and mystery. The clue’s in the title really; you have to stave off hunger by hunting for food, building tools, creating shelter and protecting yourself from horrors once night falls.

You can check out my Don’t Starve hands-on and interview with Klei through the link. Check it out if you’re a fan of Terraria, Minecraft or DayZ. It has similarities to all three.

The screens are below.

1. Eregol

Cracking little game this. Didn’t play it for long, but if I had been weaker and not managed to tear myself away I would have been on it for hours and thus tired this morning.

#1 12 months ago
  2. Fin

Press the touchpad for a map! Would’ve been far more fun had I known that.

#2 12 months ago
  3. Zackslacky

The map dude. Jesus I only found it today. God send;) great little game though. So much to learn. Manure is so useful for growing crops. Befriend pigs asap. Build traps. Love it.

#3 12 months ago
  4. Fin

PROTIP: Don’t put manure on a campfire in a forest :/

#4 12 months ago
  5. KAP

THIS IS GAME IS AWESOME!!!!!

I’ve currently survived day 12, with a basic farm, a backpack and a science machine, and I’ve never felt so tense exploring and running back to my little camp before dark!!! Incredibly tense LOL

10/10

…and the best park… totally free!

PROTIP: Mandrakes… cook the fuckers!

#5 12 months ago
  6. silkvg247

Where’s Isaac rebirth? :(

#6 12 months ago
  7. Hcw87

The game needs a tutorial badly. Every game has one nowadays, so why doesn’t this one?

#7 12 months ago
  8. Phoenixblight

The game doesn’t need a tutorial. Its much like Minecraft survival. You learn something every time you die and explore.

#8 12 months ago
  9. Hcw87

Regardless, i did not have a fun experience. I really had no sense of direction or what i was supposed to do.

#9 12 months ago
  10. Erthazus

It’s a good game that requires a lot of farming.

#10 12 months ago
  11. Phoenixblight

@9 Then this isn’t a game for you. Its for those that love rogue types and sand box.

#11 12 months ago
  12. dtyk

The game is great. Been playing since pre-release. Beware of the pig people…

#12 12 months ago