Walking Dead: Survival Instinct dev Terminal Reality closed – report

Thursday, 12th December 2013 11:01 GMT By Dave Cook

Walking Dead: Survival Instinct and Bloodrayne developer Terminal Reality has reportedly been shut down .

Gamasutra spotted that Jesse Sosa, a former Terminal Reality developer for ten years mentioned the studio’s closure on his Facebook page.

He wrote, “For those that have known me for a long time know that I was at TRI for 10 years. TRI seems to have finally shut down. A lot of different emotions are passing through me at the moment. I left there when I saw things going downhill but I have always kept up with them and hoped for the best.

“Now that they’re gone, I’m just kind of feeling nostalgic it seems. I hope they all land on their feet. Most of those guys are still like family to me. I know a good amount are on their way to Austin, so at least I’ll be seeing them soon.”

The studio’s last game was the critically-panned Walking Dead: Survival Instinct under publisher Activision. The site ads that the Terminal Reality website currently points to its Facebook hub, which hasn’t been updated since October.

No official word has been given on this, but we’ll update you if we hear more.

Via Eurogamer.

1. Dragon

While I am sure noises of “Acti killed another studio” will come from somewhere, but I do believe the devs also have a responsibility of not accepting rush jobs.

Then again, sometime studios have to do it to keep paying the bills, but more often than not they are signing their own death note.

#1 7 months ago
  2. Pytox

Damn the ghostbusters game was pretty cool and nicely done :/

#2 7 months ago
  3. Xbone

I really liked the concept of the Walking Dead: Survival Instinct. Some nice “rpg elements”… but it was unfinished and the control was totally broken.

#3 7 months ago
  4. FlyBoogy

Typical Activision is typical. Make a game in a few months and expect huge success. Fail and blame the people that were assigned to this imposible task and fire them or assign them to the 1000 people strong COD team.

#4 7 months ago
  5. fearmonkey

Sad, another studio Activision closes…:(

Always wished Demonik would have released, it looked interesting.

#5 7 months ago
  6. The_Red

This is sad. Yes, their Walking Dead was crap but before that, they made some pretty neat stuff. Their Ghostbusters was great and at least a few people like myself loved their Bloodrayne titles.

#6 7 months ago
  7. bradk825

@2 Yes, as a gamer, Ghostbusters was pretty good. As a Ghostbusters fan, Ghostbusters was FUCKING AWESOME!!!

TWD had me going “I see what you were trying to do there” but it didn’t seem to work out as exciting as it should have been. The right ideas were all there. Make it hard to kill the walkers because you have limited ammo and hand tools, make it dangerous to get around, give the player resource problems, etc etc. But it just didn’t really work out.

#7 7 months ago
  8. Phoenixblight

Terminal Reality wasn’t owned by Activision. Their fly by night studio attitude is the cause of their closure and that is grabbing every game that comes at them while having impossible demands for deadlines.

Star Wars Kinect was horrid and TWD was horrid. It was only a matter of time.

#8 7 months ago