Xbox One modders unlock PS4 pad, fight stick & mouse support – video

Tuesday, 10th December 2013 11:25 GMT By Dave Cook

Xbox One modders have successfully fudged Microsoft’s peripheral blockers using the Cronus Max converter. Effectively, Xbox One now supports PS4′s DualShock 4, Xbox 360 pads, fight sticks and even a mouse. They’ve whacked a video of their efforts online. Watch it here.

The work above comes from the CronusMAX mod team, which aims to get Xbox One supporting a vast array of inputs. They’re tracking the project ongoing development through the link.

What do you think?

Via OXM.

1. Xbone

And why aren’t these supports unlocked by default? Oh… forgot… Money.

#1 8 months ago
  2. Dave Cook

@1 idiotic.

#2 8 months ago
  3. G1GAHURTZ

Is it, Dave?

I dunno… Stuff like this kind of makes me feel a bit sad that these living room PCs are so walled-in.

You could understand a SNES pad not working on a MegaDrive, because the hardware was so different, but these days, we’re just looking at locked PCs that you’re not allowed to fiddle with.

#3 8 months ago
  4. Dave Cook

@3 it’s obvious why they do it though eh? Not saying it’s right of course ;)

#4 8 months ago
  5. G1GAHURTZ

Yeah, the reason is clear.

Will be interesting to see what Valve can do with Steam Machines… They’re looking to get away from this sort of stuff.

#5 8 months ago
  6. Lloytron

I wish that MS and Sony would team up and agree on some kind of standard for control pads. I know this isn’t going to happen but it would be nice.

Remember back in the 8 bit era when the Atari 9-Pin port was the standard? You could basically use any old joystick on any old system.

Lets face it, when you go round a mates house they have their preferred joypads, and there’s usually some crap one that someone gets lumbered with. Would be great if you could just bring your pad along and know it would work, no matter which system you were playing on.

#6 8 months ago
  7. Cobra951

I have little doubt that this minor jailbreak will get patched out in a future update. So I wouldn’t go buying PS4 pads or mice for it just yet.

#7 8 months ago
  8. Doppleganger

Brick their consoles!!!!
    LOL I don’t want to get my ass kicked by people with mouse and keyboard as controller users have no chance in hell against them. I didn’t buy a console to go back to sitting at the desk.
    Im sorry but I never want to see the light of day of mouse and keyboard support on FPS games.

#8 8 months ago
  9. azrael8577

So glad I bought a Cronus Device. I can use one 360 controller for my 360, PS3 XB0 and PC. Also, I bought a custom faceplate for it so It’s got a far superior dpad compared to the original 360 controller.

#9 8 months ago
  10. Spider Law

Did somebody do this for wii u yet? Would love to use my DS4s rather than she’ll out more money for the Pro controller after getting Motion Plus Wii Motes after having regulars already…..sigh……

#10 8 months ago
  11. J2Kbr

Hi,

I see that you have hosted this webpage – http://www.vg247.com/2013/12/10/xbox-one-modders-unlock-ps4-pad-fight-stick-mouse-support-video/

Firstly, thank you so much for doing so. This device (CronusMAX, now called Titan One) was created and developed by my team here at ConsoleTuner, and we are so glad you like it. However, the link you have in your post do not point to us, so if you could please change the link to our official web site – http://www.consoletuner.com/ – that would be fantastic.

Many Thanks,