PS4 launch Europe: this is what the console’s UI looks like from today – video

Friday, 29th November 2013 14:58 GMT By Dave Cook

PlayStation 4′s user interface will be greeting many European gamers as they hurry their console home today. VG247′s Sam Clay has recorded a video of what the interface looks like now that the console is officially out, with commentary.

You can check out our PS4 European launch coverage here.

1. Mr Tom

This isn’t what it looks like today at all! For a start, this video has no E-82E101F6 error as it fails to connect to PSN.

#1 8 months ago
  2. revolting

Thankfully the real names thing is entirely optional, with several levels of privacy options.

Incidentally, I’ve found the android app great as a remote keyboard, and really handy as a controller in general when not doing game stuff.

@1 Yeah, had that a couple of times. Mostly it’s been smooth though.

#2 8 months ago
  3. RussellGorall

Looks the same as it did two weeks ago.

#3 8 months ago
  4. sho0ok

Is it just me or the ps4 UI is boring? I miss the ads on the x360. At least it makes the screen more colorful and more interactive. In addition it shows some offers and movie trailers which I like :)

#4 8 months ago
  5. Animeboy413

@4, Just You bro

#5 8 months ago
  6. Animeboy413

Thanks David for this article

#6 8 months ago
  7. Maguire82

@4 yeah I totally agree, it just looks so basic and boring. The xbox has the better UI by far IMO.

#7 8 months ago
  8. _LarZen_

@4 You are not alone at all..

After using the Xbox One for some days before I got my PS4 I find the PS4 user-interface to be just plain boring. It may have some more power under it’s plastic casing but it has a long way to go to compete with the immense user experience you get on the XBO.

#8 8 months ago
  9. sho0ok

@7 @8 Exactly, power and graphics are not every thing. Sony need to do some work to their UI and I hope they do an update in the future to change the UI sane as the x360 did in the past.

#9 8 months ago
  10. freedoms_stain

lol, I’ve taken shits that looked like better user interfaces than Metro.

Try harder.

#10 8 months ago
  11. sho0ok

@10 so should we put ur shit in the ps4 also? Cuz I don’t understand ur point :) and am not bashing the ps4 it’s just not very good looking and I hope to see a better one.

#11 8 months ago
  12. gomersoul

The ps4 ui is simple and elegant, the Xbox one ui is colorful and complicated, I don’t like being bombarded with ads, people who do are welcome to that shit

#12 8 months ago
  13. sho0ok

@12 how dumb you have to be to get complicated with the x1 UI, LOL. Anyway it’s a matter of preference and I wish it’s just nothing else :)

#13 8 months ago