Halo 5: 343 seeking to improve multiplayer and balancing next time

Thursday, 28th November 2013 16:07 GMT By Dave Cook

Halo 5 hasn’t been formally announced yet, but 343 Industries’ design director Brad Welch has engaged fans in a Twitter discussion about where he felt things went wrong, and how the next game will look to address concerns.

It started with this tweet, which was spotted by OXM:

It was then followed by some discussion concerning balancing, progression models and design:

He also apologised for the balancing in Halo 4′s DLC maps:

He was then asked if the pressures of ship dates caught 343 off guard:

Finally, a teaser:

What do you make of the above? Do you feel that 343 will learn from Halo 4 and make the fifth game based on the community’s feedback? Let us know what you think below.

1. Obernox

Remove the shitty battle rifle.

#1 1 year ago
  2. JackTheFaux

@1 Surely, you’re kidding. Remove the weapon entirely? Not probable.

#2 1 year ago
  3. hives

Stop catering to CoD fanbase maybe. Halo doesn’t need upgrades systems and perks, seriously.

#3 1 year ago
  4. bradk825

@1 I hate it, but it’s because it’s NOT shitty. If you can score headshots from miles away with it you’re golden. I’m shitty at Halo, so I don’t like BRs in there, lol.

Anyway, the guy is nothing if not honest. I’ve never been a fan of Halo multiplayer despite loving the single player campaigns, so I never really noticed a difference with H4. The whole style of it is just something I suck at horribly so I play a couple games of it to say I did, and trade it back in.

#4 1 year ago
  5. SplatteredHouse

If Halo5 hasn’t been formally announced yet, then whatever was that big desert bot trailer with MG-MC (BOXES ARE OLD HAT, the truly stealthy choose shawls!) about, that Microsoft showed in February? It’s quite an expensive trailer for an offshoot ;)

#5 1 year ago
  6. BrahManDude

i just don’t want them to cater to the COD crowd because it didn’t work for them in H4 neither in GOWJudgement it needs to be its own thing

#6 1 year ago
  7. jayrezj

I loved the story and single player campaign for halo4 but the multiplayer was lacking when compared to reach…

#7 1 year ago
  8. Hunam

I thought Halo 4 was brilliant. But honest reflection and the strive to do better is always admirable.

#8 1 year ago
  9. Vice

Fuck multiplayer, make single player campaign longer this time!

#9 1 year ago