PS4 video guide shows you how to use voice commands on the console

Tuesday, 26th November 2013 20:33 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

While PlayStation 4 may have limited voice controls at launch, you can still do a few things with your PS Camera. Voice commands include launching a game by saying its title, then “start” you can also log into the system and go back to the home screen by using the obvious commands. You can also tell it to take a screenshot and turn on the console or log out. Voice commands so far work in English, Spanish, Italian, French, German, and Japanese. More functionality will be released over time. Voice commands are demonstrated in the PlayStation Access video below. PS4 is out Friday in Europe.

1. gomersoul

I’m still not gonna talk to my tv, something weird about it. Hopefully the novelty will wear off soon and people will stop going on about it

#1 8 months ago
  2. Spider Law

awesome. Now for them to just release the Red DS4 and the Blue DS4 along with a blu-ray/multimedia remote, we will be set.

#2 8 months ago
  3. OneLifeCycle

@1 Yup, I agree… It’s probably the top reason I bailed on MS. Forcing me to buy their Kinect – which I have zero interest in. I’m fine with using the controller for my commands, thanks.

Anyway, I have my camera-less PS4 and am super stoked I made the switch. Amazing machine.

#3 8 months ago
  4. bobnice

I have kinect and I love it. Cant picture going back

#4 8 months ago
  5. Zackslacky

@4 same man its so handy. In the middle of fifa. Xbox record that. Or go to 4od pauses fifa can watch 4od and then back to my match in fifa. Love it.

#5 8 months ago
  6. gameoholic007

@4- Sorry, I don’t believe that, I really don’t. I don’t see cameras changing someone’s experience on a console by talking to it, or waving your hands back n’ forth instead of simply using your controller.

#6 8 months ago
  7. antraxsuicide

@6 Read 5′s comment about why. I can’t imagine trying to use buttons for some of that stuff. It’d take longer and might even require more buttons cluttering up my controller.

#7 8 months ago
  8. Lv01

@7 no it doesnt, its really very quick and easy.
    it involves the addition of only one extra button, and the use of one that is already there.
    the share button, and the home button.
    the share button easily and quickly brings up a menu where your last 15 minutes have been recorded, and pushing the home button twice switches bewteen your last two apps.

#8 8 months ago