Bioware teases new Mass Effect with N7 Day photos

Thursday, 7th November 2013 23:18 GMT By Mike Irving

November 7 is N7 Day, according to Bioware, and it’s celebrating by teasing fans with images from “the next chapter of Mass Effect”.

Various Bioware staff have taken to Twitter to share photos from around the office, and amongst them are four particularly interesting shots that tell us a little story.

“The next chapter of Mass Effect is upon us!!”

“…with new characters to fall in love with…”

“…new enemies to encounter…”

“…and new worlds to explore!”

There’s not yet a solid announcement for the next installment in the series, but it’s good to know that it’s deep in development.

Thanks, IGN.

1. badboy_122

for a while I thought the 1st pic was the illusive man xD

#1 1 year ago
  2. TrickyAudio

Better start playing 2 and 3 then!

#2 1 year ago
  3. TheBlackHole

“but it’s good to know that it’s deep in development.”

For current gen consoles.

Great. ANOTHER cross gen game we can all get really excited about playing in slightly sharper detail.

Someone wake me up when proper next gen games are due out. I LOVE Mass Effect, but I hate this crossover period.

#3 1 year ago
  4. DSB

@2 I envy you. I wish I could go back and not play Mass Effect 2 and just remember the original Mass Effect as the epic that it promised to be.

#4 1 year ago
  5. Hcw87

How exactly do you know that? Even if he got a 360 controller plugged in, it might be a 360 Windows controller, made to be used on PC’s.

#5 1 year ago
  6. Djoenz

Even though I did not finish ME3 since I lost my save files from ME and ME2 :((((((((( Im still excited for this one!

#6 1 year ago
  7. Super Girevik

You read my mind!

#7 1 year ago
  8. Luciferous

@6 Sounds like you’re in the perfect position for a week long marathon of the trilogy! Do it, you know you wanna!

#8 1 year ago
  9. BrahManDude

i see a current-gen Xbox controller…i hope it is an only next-gen game

#9 1 year ago
  10. Obernox

@4 +100,000,000,000

#10 1 year ago
  11. Jerykk

He’s obviously playing a PC build (you can see the Windows task bar beneath the game window), so the X360 controller doesn’t mean anything.

#11 1 year ago
  12. Digital Bamboo

@8 The trilogy in a week? Maybe if you didn’t eat, sleep, or work.

#12 1 year ago
  13. TheBlackHole

No way this won’t be a cross-gen game. With the amount they invest in games at Bioware, you can’t discount 140 million users across current gen consoles.

No way this is going next gen only.

#13 1 year ago
  14. bradk825

@13 that depends on when it actually releases. If it’s 2 years off it’ll probably just be next-gen. But if it’s this year or next, yeah, they’d be stupid not to go cross-gen. Likely a mandatory install on current gen though like COD, BF and GTA have done.

#14 1 year ago