Kane & Lynch movie talks re-open, Gerard Butler and Vin Diesel reported as leads

Tuesday, 5th November 2013 10:35 GMT By Dave Cook

Kane & Lynch was going to get the movie treatment many moons ago, with Bruce Willis and Jamie Foxx in the lead roles. It never happened, obviously. Now, Gerard Butler and Vin Diesel are said to be in talks with Hollywood to make it happen.

The Hollywood Reporter has suggested that Law Abiding Citizen director F. Gary Gray is at the helm, along with that movie’s star Gerard Butler.

The Scottish actor is said to be playing Kane, while Diesel has reportedly been offered the role of madman Lynch.

According to the site, the Kane & Lynch script has been written by Skip Woods and Kyle Ward, while Adrian Askarieh and Daniel Alter are on producing duty.

What do you think of this report? Should the project be left to die, or could it make for a mad romp? Let us know below.

Via Eurogamer.

1. braindead1981

a cameo appearance by Jeff Gerstmann would be the only reason for me to go see this movie if it ever sees the light of day.

#1 12 months ago
  2. KineticCalvaria

The game was shite enough, why the hell would we want to see a movie?

#2 12 months ago
  3. Fin

This is one of the few films where JASON STATHAM might actually suit, though he’d have to do less hand-to-hand/shirt off combat, and more shooting.

#3 12 months ago
  4. Dave Cook

@3 Statham as Lynch, blates.

#4 12 months ago
  5. Pytox

Then the movie might be even longer than the 2nd game? :p

#5 12 months ago
  6. YoungZer0

Mad Mikkelsen would’ve been the perfect Kane.

But it could’ve been a lot worse.

#6 12 months ago
  7. The_Red

“a cameo appearance by Jeff Gerstmann”
    I say cast Jeff AS one of the main characters rather than a cameo.

#7 12 months ago
  8. Dave Cook

@7 nah nah you guys have it all wrong.

Samuel L Jackson will appear at the end and offer them part in the Avengers, clearly.

#8 12 months ago
  9. DSB

Seriously, Jamie Foxx or GTFO. Dude is a beast of beasts.

You can’t just take him out after announcing he’s gonna be in it.

Gerard Butler was alright in that movie where the stuff blew up. I guess.

I think the nicest thing I’ll ever say about him is this: At least he’s not that cunt from Wolverine.

#9 12 months ago
  10. Panthro

Vin Deisel doesnt match kane or lynch.

Neither does Gerard Butler…

We need to haggard middle aged men to play the leads not two super star actors who girls soak there panties over.

Nothing against the actors, I like quite a few of there movies… they just don’t fit the roles for me.

#10 12 months ago
  11. Fin

LIAM NESSON???

#11 12 months ago
  12. DSB

I’m a Sam Rockwell fanboy (legit) so you shouldn’t listen to me… But dude… Sam Rockwell.

As Kane.

Something tells me that guy would nail it. He’s one of those guys who hides everything behind humor, so you know he’s hiding a tormented and violent psyche. I bet he would fucking nail it.

Lynch would have to be kind of a pussy, yet compelling…

.. Matt Damon?

#12 12 months ago
  13. braindead1981

@7+8: Naw, Gerstmann appearing after the credits and giving his review of the movie would be better than Half-Life 3. Okay, maybe not, but it’s close.

#13 12 months ago
  14. Panthro

Kane: http://www.rankopedia.com/CandidatePix/5755.gif

Lynch: http://www.rankopedia.com/CandidatePix/10613.gif

I’m not massive fans of these actors but that’s besides the point, I could see these guys killing the roles in my opinion

#14 12 months ago
  15. Os Money

mark walberg? and/or dude from breaking bad

#15 12 months ago
  16. DSB

@14 Are you shitting me? Peter Stormare is one of the greatest actors on the planet.

I swear, if I never did anything in my life except write that one scene, I would be perfectly okay with that.

The other one is Spacey in Se7en right?

Awesome picks, I’ve got nothing on that.

But seriously, check out Rockwell and tell me that man wouldn’t blow you away if he suddenly broke out as a raging psychotic.

#16 12 months ago