This trailer is your first contact with Call of Duty Ghosts’ alien-fighting Extinction Mode

Friday, 1st November 2013 19:06 GMT By Phil Owen

It’s not gameplay — click this link if you want to see some of that — but marketing is marketing and we love marketing. It’s an in-engine cinematic for Extinction in Call of Duty Ghosts, in which you and your buddies fight aliens.

The reason I used the headline I did despite this being the second Extinction trailer is just because the trailer is called First Contact. FYI.

1. G1GAHURTZ

I actually want to play this mode…

#1 6 months ago
  2. Citrus raptor

The alien design.. looks.. lame.. too lame to bother. Will have to see how the actual gameplay structure is before I can get remotely excited.

#2 6 months ago
  3. aaron_avelino

I love CoD, no lie :)

#3 6 months ago
  4. Sherif Saed

Dat Skeeter Davis song :)

#4 6 months ago
  5. DSB

I hope it’s better than zombies. Haven’t had a chance to try the BLOPS 2 iteration, but to me it always felt cheap and tacked on.

#5 6 months ago
  6. Djoenz

Zombies is no way cheap and tacked on. On Blops though. Zombies in Blops2 does feel cheap imo. They can make a whole new game with the originals background. Richtofen is insane.

#6 6 months ago
  7. DSB

@6 I thought the ones in BLOPS were shit. Compared to just about any other zombie game it just felt sloppy, and I don’t understand why.

CoD is awesome when it comes to shooting at crowds, but somehow with zombies it just felt like a bad joke. Rushing zombies with too much HP, and people falling over eachother left and right.

Something like Killing Floor is miiiiiles better, and that’s practically just a shined up mod.

#7 6 months ago
  8. Llewelyn_MT

Glowing aliens are cheap.

#8 6 months ago
  9. Sanwiches

@DSB
    I kinda agree, but this alien thing doesn’t look really better.

#9 6 months ago
  10. Christopher Jack

I prefer more humanoid shaped aliens to these bug looking ones I see everywhere. In fact I like Aliens(movies) version of aliens the most- yes they look buggy but their bipedal design makes them more imposing in my opinion- showing that they’re somewhat close to humans but significantly more dangerous without equipment. Predators look too human to be scary by their appearance.

#10 5 months ago
  11. DSB

@9 Nah, I tentatively agree with that.

I haven’t really seen a lot of gameplay though, so maybe it will have a stronger hook. One problem with zombies when I played was that you were often stuck around objectives, so it became this static fight with movement happening in between objectives, instead of having a bit of life.

I mean, the bits and pieces weren’t good either, but if the aliens mode is actually about extraction, and fighting your way through the waves while trying to get somewhere, that could be interesting.

That’s not really why I’m getting Ghosts, I just want to do some multiplayer and laugh my way through the campaign, but obviously I’d like to see something worthwhile.

#11 5 months ago