PS4 & Xbox One: GAME UK offering launch queue jump to pre-purchase customers

Wednesday, 30th October 2013 11:17 GMT By Dave Cook

UK retailer GAME is offering launch-day queue jumps to anyone who pays for their Xbox One or PS4 before their respective launches.

MCV reports that the incentive is part of the retailer’s new ‘Get Gaming Quicker’ scheme which enables customers to pre-order either console, pay for it in advance and even trade-in towards it ahead of time. If you trade-in three or more titles you also get an additional 20% towards your purchase.

Doing the above will get you access to GAME’s launch-day ‘fast lanes’ at the PS4 and Xbox One midnight launches and the following day. They reckon it will make the selling process “ten times faster” for customers.

Not quite sure how they got the maths on this one.

Xbox One customers can take the steps above between November 20-21 ahead of the console’s November 22 launch, while PS4 customers can do it between November 27-28 ahead of the console’s November 29 launch.

So what do you think? Any takers?

1. Legendaryboss

Good scheme all depends if it all goes smoothly.

#1 11 months ago
  2. rbevanx

And this is why I want to see GAME go bust.

Also after Blockbuster yesterday that wouldn’t give me much confidence in my pre-order with any retailer like GAME or HMV.

#2 11 months ago
  3. Legendaryboss

There prices are beyond insane, rarely are there good prices.

But i wouldn’t want an organisation to go bust and have thousands of people out of work.

#3 11 months ago
  4. Hirmetrium

Why rbevanx? Because people like convenience, and god forbid its a business? This helps the staff and the gamers equally. Pay in advance, walk in, wave a receipt, get a console, walk out. Then people get to go home and play their console, and the staff might get to bed before 2AM.

Queue jump is hardly the right term for the article – more like a “10 items or less” line.

And GAME are far better than HMV – at least they don’t blow street dates out of the water.

#4 11 months ago
  5. monkeygourmet

Well… Thats the least they could do if it was paid off?!

You should be able to walk in and pick it up without having to get covered in neckbeard body odour, no?

#5 11 months ago
  6. rbevanx

Well I have been in the store (Cardiff) and they change their rules of trade in whenever they want with poor staff that know little about games and are just plain terrible.
    Also the whole queue jump to pre-purchase customers is in my view unfair.

I would rather see independent retailers rather than one runned by a firm who can’t run a business and only know how to buy and sell.
    If I can’t have indie stores then I’m more than happy to say goodbye to the likes of GAME who are still trapped in an age that has long gone.
    Nothing has changed with GAME and it’s inevtiable it will go bust.
    I would bet money that early next year it will be gone entirely.

#6 11 months ago
  7. VibraniumSpork

I’m doing this, got the e-mail yesterday. You go to a ’1-2-1′ at your store between 10-19 November to get all the arrangements in place; I booked mine with a DM through Twitter.

Makes sense to me. The sooner I get this paid off, the less time I have the cash burning a hole in my pocket ^_^ And I was already starting to worry about what time I should get there for midnight launch so this at least mitigates that concern a bit.

Also, for those hating on GAME, I think they’ve been pretty exemplary with regards to the way they’ve handled my console pre-order, keeping me informed at every step of the way either by phone or e-mail. Their trade-in prices can be a bit of a joke but they happily price-match for those who do their homework and I generally find their customer service second-to-none. I’ve got more love for retailers online than on the high street these days, but for GAME I make an exception.

#7 11 months ago
  8. TrickyAudio

I wonder if they will be selling PS4 games and accessories early like stores in the US have been. Sony have seemingly let that happen.

Wouldn’t mind grabbing some stuff early.

#8 11 months ago
  9. polygem

there´s a nice promo on amazon germany: buy two ps4 games, get one for free. the only problem i have…i don´t even want one launch retail game. lol. think i will still buy the console for the ps+ games, indies and hopefully some demos…

#9 11 months ago
  10. Beta

Gotta be honest, the staff in my local GAME are always helpful and friendly. And I’ve never had a problem.

I’m regularly in there.

And hoping for people to be out of a job because you’ve had a bad experience would mean you’re a bit of an ass.

#10 11 months ago