GTA 5 patch 1.03 released, said to remove some GTA Online farming exploits

Wednesday, 9th October 2013 10:51 GMT By Dave Cook

GTA Online farming exploits are said to have been nuked following the release of GTA 5′s 1.03 patch. Check out the details here.

CVG reports that he patch weighs in at 39MB on PS3 and 59MB on Xbox 360. The site notes that patch details are yet to be revealed by Rockstar North but users have suggested that the update closes off XP and money farming exploits that saw players tackling the same mission repeatedly.

We’ll have more on the 1.03 update as it happens. The studio is also still working on missing player bugs.

How has your GTA Online experience been so far?

Stuck in GTA 5? Why not check out our GTA 5 guide with mission walkthroughs, gameplay tips and collectible locations?

1. JimFear-666

39 mb again? hahaha

#1 11 months ago
  2. dsr

How about fixing the disappearing characters first, and then removing ways to recoup losses after said disappearance, huh?

#2 11 months ago
  3. GK

people loosing they character,houses and cars and they just fixing a f****** exploits? R,you are f****** morons! one week disapear and still people cant play,F*** YOU!

#3 11 months ago
  4. Johnnymaxx

My online experience is being really lame so far. I still have a lot of trouble to play online. I could imagine that 2 or 3 days after release things would still be messy, but after one week, I immagined it would all be sorted out by now. I’m sad for it, because I can see it is way fun and I do have fun at the very few momments when I’m able to play.

@1 Well… Online games, I mean, games in general have one core file that kind of sets the rule for the whole thing. Apparently, the one for GTA V mounts up to 39 mb.

#4 11 months ago
  5. undermyrules

They said the best gta experience will be on console….but how shity will be they never said…muhahahahaha…..the only best experience that will be seen i’ll be on PC…enjoy couple of months exlusivity console players and than let the big boys enjoy the game with no bugs,3xtimes better graphics ,supreme texures..2k even 4k rez AA 60 fps and mods….10 times better experience

#5 11 months ago
  6. phatb0y

Rockstar, you truly are my greatest ally.

#6 11 months ago
  7. jon_

@5 You can enjoy the game in a toaster and in the end I dont see why should anybody care what you do with your life.

BTW, no bugs? Do you happen to know that GTA is well know for having a lot of bugs and glitches on any versión? That is part of the fun on any GTA game, but of course you know that right?

The PC versión is not announced yet and you are shooting into the air. The “big boys” are so smart.

#7 11 months ago
  8. sb319

@1 of course it is. Every update is updating from the base version (ie the retail disc) of the game. Not from the previous patch.

Personally, now that the worst issues have been ironed out on PS3, I’m having a great time with GTAO.

#8 11 months ago
  9. undermyrules

@7 Oh well i can feel the hate from you but i dont get it at least from the true gamers that denies where the best experience is…its on PC no matter what you say the fact its there…i never insultet any console gamer out there but lot of console gamers are kids that dont have anything better to do than trolling and hate towards PC community….my post was rather sarcastic but most of it its true.cheers

#9 11 months ago
  10. AmiralPatate

I’m PC. Most of your post was bullcrap.

#10 11 months ago
  11. junguler

havn’t play gta online yet, finishing things in campaign first, i just hope the fix this shit up real soon, don’t like buggy games :D

#11 11 months ago
  12. undermyrules

@10 http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/Jon-Hamm-Sure-Thing.gif im sure you are

#12 11 months ago
  13. SkySi

@12 If you are a PC player why you trying to make PC gamers sound like such douches? And what’s with the last post? Do you think you are the only PC gamer in the world?

On behalf of PC gamers: these opinions do not represent all of us!

#13 11 months ago
  14. NinjaHart

@9 The best experience does not lie within graphics, it depends on what you make out of the game. GTA games will always be console games to me.

True gamers don’t get hung up in graphics and run their mouth on internet, they simply enjoy the games and have fun.

@Topic. GTA Online works pretty good for me now, I’m having a blast in it. Just waiting for some badass heists to do with my crew. :D

#14 11 months ago
  15. undermyrules

@13 im making you look bad? calling yourself PC gamer with 2 consoles in your living room makes you gamer…”But i game only on PC and im buying GTA 5 on my ps3 i cant wait so long” Yeah i make you look bad…My point is there is a difference between PC gamer and gamer…and i im making you look bad because stating the obvious just i little bit harsh with no shame…

@14 The best experience is the best and nothing less than than…maybe for you its the best on console but im not talking about everybody opinions ….global thinking best experience= best graphic framerate huge the experience can be the same only better how? attach a controler there you go you will have the same experience like on console only multiplied by 100…i dont exept minority to understand what ive said by now but i dont care anyway i can see people only looking for flame wars and that was not my point i was just oversarcastic nothing more….

#15 11 months ago
  16. Panthro

Good for you, but GTA will always be a PC game to me… has been since the original, It all comes down to opinion…

I just think that games are best enjoyed when played to there full potential how the developers intended, console versions of multiplatform games always felt incomplete to me due to the lack of AA, texture filtering and the native resolutions and I even had that opinion when I didn’t own a gaming PC. (I still play console games for exclusives)

I guess what I’m trying to say is why settle for less when you can have more? I had the money for a good gaming PC so I bought one… And I haven’t regretted it, not even once.

Btw I’m not bashing sony or microsoft, I better clarify that because I cant be bothered to argue with any fanboys.

#16 11 months ago
  17. AmiralPatate

@15,16
    Games are best enjoyed on your machine of choice. Because in the end, the other versions don’t matter to you. There is no best experience, there’s just your experience and others’ experience, which you shouldn’t give a damn about.

And of course, some people feel the need to brag about their “superiority” like they have some to compensate for.

#17 11 months ago
  18. NinjaHart

@15 You don’t expect the minority to understand, but yet you are not interesten in a flaming war? Then you shouldn’t put the minority down like that.

@16 I do enjoy PC gaming too, but GTA type of games just feel more like a console game for me, but saying that the best experience is where the best graphic is, is just stupidity. There are lot’s of games that have great graphics, but are crappy games.

I don’t regret getting my gaming PC either, but that’s more for games like Skyrim, Fallout, Civilisation and XCOM type of games.

#18 11 months ago
  19. undermyrules

@17 yes you can enjoy it on a console just for 1 reason…if you dont own a PC…you can play it on PC its the same gameplay you can get your PC to the living room and plug it in on a full hd tv and with a controler you will get the same feeling…same game same gameplay just better….better graphics and much much more higher rez dx 11 features and most important thing 60 fps….and now tell my why im wrong just tell me 1 reason.

#19 11 months ago
  20. Sanwiches

@undermyrules Hey why don’t you just shut up.

I’m seeing it this way: they removed the farming possibilities, so nobody else’s gonna have stuff of importance to lose if they happen to lose it in the future. Not a big deal.

I made a new character, and in the first 3 days I was able to buy the 205k appartment without grinding. I’m sure you guys can do the same and have fun .

#20 11 months ago
  21. Panthro

@ninja

People state their opinions on which is the best way to play a game… Like I said mine was just an opinion.

Somehow its ok for console gamers to say which is the best way to play a game because when a PC gamer does it they get attacked, thats why I stated I didn’t want to argue with any upset fanboys.

I love games and I wanted to play them to there full potential so I saved up and spent big money (for a student anyway) on a good gaming PC so I could do it.

If I was on a budget I would probably buy the PS4 and X1 next year but I just dont see it happening as of now, unless the digital prices of games drop in their online stores, paying £45-£55 for a digital copy when its cheaper in stores to get a physical copy is just absurd.

#21 10 months ago