The winners of the 2013 IndieCade Awards have been announced and Quadrilateral Cowboy from Blendo Games took home the Grand Jury Award for overall excellence.
This year’s IndieCade also included the debut of two new awards: The Media Choice award, given to the game the most media members selected as their favorite, as well as The Trailblazer Award, given to a relative newcomer.
“Every year IndieCade’s awards recognize a diverse array of titles and some of the brightest developers in indie gaming, increasing awareness for this exceptional craft,” said Stephanie Barish, CEO of IndieCade.
“It is an honor to identify these amazing projects and we are proud to provide a platform which helps distinguish these games and their creators.”
The games and developer winners this year are:
- Grand Jury Award: Quadrilateral Cowboy – Blendo Games
- Visuals: Kentucky Route Zero – Cardboard Computer
- Audio: Gone Home – The Fullbright Company
- Impact: Dog Eat Dog – Liwanag Press
- Interaction: Spaceteam – Henry Smith
- Game Design: NIDHOGG – MESSHOF
- Technology: Spin the Bottle: Bumpie’s Party – KnapNok Games & Redgrim
- Story/ World Design: Kentucky Route Zero – Cardboard Computer
- Special Recognition: Porpentine’s Twine Compilation – Porpentine
- The Trailblazers Award: Tracy Fullerton
- Game Changer Award: Anna Anthropy
- Developers Choice Award: Killer Queen Arcade – Joshua DeBonis & Nikita Mikros
- Audience Choice Award: Slash Dash – Nevernaut
- Media Choice Award: TowerFall – Matt Makes Games